The first half an hour of this documentary is "Afluentes" (granadacentre.co.uk/afluentes) and was a significant part of my final work for the MA thesis in Visual Anthropology with Ethnographic film with the University of Manchester (MAVA 2013). But then I kept on filming and 'El Espejo del Espíritu' came to be...
Problems streaming? Watch it here - youtube.com/watch?v=wUpcItODkuo
- Kibbutz Bardo (Taipei, TAIWAN)
- World Premiere at the World Ayahuasca Conference 2014 (Ibiza, SPAIN)
- Chapel Church (Manchester, ENGLAND)
- Roots Film Festival (Azores, PORTUGAL)
- Ciclo de Cine Etnobotánico Acahuasca 2015 (Ibiza, SPAIN)
- Breaking Convention 2015 (London, ENGLAND)
- Kino Wells Hotel (Cardiff, WALES)
- Kinoklubs HORIZONTS (Riga, LATVIA)
- GREENHOUSE Bonobo Art Project (Berlin, GERMANY)
- Espaço Cultural 'A Moagem' (Melides, PORTUGAL)
- Excerpt used for Channel Arte's Yourope piece on Ayahuasca use in Europe
- VI Congresso da Associação Portuguesa de Antropologia (Coimbra, PORTUGAL)
- Espaço Cultural de Benfica 'COM CALMA' (Lisboa, PORTUGAL)
- Mostra de Filme Etnográfico 2016 "Futuros Disputados' (Coimbra, PORTUGAL)
- Mostra de Filme Etnográfico 2017 "Futuros Disputados' (Lisboa, PORTUGAL)
- Eco'Porto 2018, Casa das Artes (Porto, PORTUGAL)
- Boom Festival 2018, Liminal Village (Idanha-a-Nova, PORTUGAL)
- Ozora Festival 2018, Magic Garden (Ozora, HUNGARY)
- Waking Life Festival 2019 (PORTUGAL)
- ZNA Gathering 2019 (PORTUGAL)
Many thanks to all the Kickstarter campaign backers, especially Associate Producer - Lily Spencer.
Dedicated to the inspiring memory of Terrence McKenna and Pablo Amaringo.
All sound and footage was recorded during fieldwork, no images added in post-production.
Spanish and English subtitles available.