The College of Charleston is located in the center of historic Charleston, S.C. and a beautiful campus that reflects its founding in 1770. From new residence halls and dining areas to renovated classrooms and newly built educational centers, the College has invested millions of dollars to provide students with the best and most effective learning and recreational opportunities. Six new facilities were completed in 2007, and several others were finished in 2008. More recently, the College opened two new buildings: The Marion and Wayland H. Cato Jr. Center for the Arts and the School of Sciences and Mathematics Building. In addition, the Office of Admissions building on George St. is projected to receive LEED Silver status.