The 40,014 acre PN Ranch lies 55 miles north of Lewistown at the confluence of the Judith and the Missouri rivers and includes approximately 14 miles along the south side of the Missouri and nine miles of both banks of the Judith, just north of the small community of Winifred. The ranch is integrated into the Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument, the Missouri National Wild and Scenic River and the Dog Creek Wilderness Study Area, giving it importance nationally. Its 17,012 deeded acres include extensive bottomlands, with 561 irrigated acres that include three pivots. When combined with nearly 40,000 acres of strong grass country, of which 4,200 is improved pasture (formerly CRP), the ranch is estimated to support 1,500 animal units on an average year. Lewis and Clark set up camp on this site in 1805. Fifty-one years later it became the first military post in Montana Territory, providing a base of commerce for fur traders and riverboats. As the territory was settled and livestock was introduced, these lands became established as the PN Ranch, representing one of the oldest working cattle ranches in Montana. The lands are also home to a rich variety of wildlife including whitetail and mule deer, elk, antelope and upland birds which thrive in the thousands of acres of tall grasses. The deer, in particular, grow large and many likely die of old age in this rugged Missouri Breaks country. There is also a large population of big horn sheep and many believe that these rams may be amongst the largest in the world. With modest but practical improvements that include an historic home, the PN Ranch is a remote, scenic, and wild operating cattle ranch that has played an important role in the history books of Montana. Asking price includes cattle and equipment.