Roger Mabon, mCEO of mLogic, runs through the soon-to-be available mTape. This is the world's first Thunderbolt LTO solution and promises a reliable and cost-effective long term achieving solution.
This is particularly relevant to video editors who require endless terabytes of storage. Hard drives are good for accessing online content, however, for a long-term solution hard drives are far from ideal. You never know if they will start up or not.
* World's first LTO-6 with Thunderbolt connectivity
* Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
* 2.5 TB Native storage capacity per tape cartridge (6.25TB compressed)
* Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
* Dual Thunderbolt ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
* External SAS port provides expansion for up to four additional tape drives
* Compact, portable form-factor
* DC powered - Enables use in any environment
* Mac OSX and Windows compatible
* mTape is also available in a SAS only version
LTO6 offers robust and reliable storage in a small form-factor design ideal for mobile applications.