Study 13 of 13 on Christ and His Law
“I love the key text for this week! My law in their minds and write it on their hearts…that’s like our “for the head and for the heart”….the law and grace…parts of the whole…a calling to recognize that all of us…every one on earth…yes…even those who don’t believe…are given the opportunity to choose to be part of this covenant…to be called God’s people. So it’s Joshua all over again…choose you this day…if you keep God’s law…know them well enough to put them into respectful action…and love with an abundance…you’re part of the family…that’s homecoming!”—Falvo Fowler
Scriptural Basis: Dan. 2:44; Matt. 4:8, 9; 1 Cor. 6:9–11; 15:26; 1 Pet. 2:11; Rev. 22:14, 15.
Key Text: “ ‘This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people’ ” (Jer. 31:33, NKJV).
1. Why can love exist only in a moral universe?
2. Why can’t we possess dual citizenship in the great controversy between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of evil?
3. Why didn’t Jesus take the easy route to gaining rulership of the earth by bowing down to Satan? (Matt. 4:8).
4. Why will evil never arise again after God destroys sin?
5. How can a focus on heaven make us better prepared to live meaningful lives and be better citizens in the here and now?
6. How can we feel a part of our communities and yet be “ ‘not of the world’ ”? (John 17:14).