City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
August 6, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Mayor Pro Tem Blackwell.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to recognize the student participants in the Summer Youth Employment
6. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT August 6, 2013
7. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 16, 2013 and the Recessed
Meeting of July 30, 2013.
(b) Adopt February 12-13, 2014 as the dates for the 29th Annual Future Directions
and Goal Setting Retreat.
8. Council to consider Rowan County’s request for financial assistance at the Rowan
9. Council to receive a report from ABC General Manager Terry Osborne regarding
educational presentations funded from revenues received from law enforcement.
10. Council to consider alternatives to improve safety at the signalized intersection of Fulton
and Monroe Streets:
(a) Receive a presentation from staff
(b) Receive public comments.
(c) Council to consider selecting a preferred alternative to improve safety at the
signalized intersection of Fulton and Monroe Streets.
11. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE to amend Chapter 22, Article VI, of the
Code of the City of Salisbury, related to public street festivals and special events.
12. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding revisions to Chapter 25, Articles I
and VIII, and Sections 25-38 of the Code of the City of Salisbury and consider setting a
public hearing for August 20, 2013 to receive public comment.
13. Council to consider issuance of a special use permit for SUP-03-2013 to allow a
bar/lounge use at 5 Easy Street:
(a) Swear in those persons testifying at public hearing
(b) Ex Parte Disclosure
(c) Hold a public hearing – present evidence
(1) Receive testimony from staff
(2) Receive testimony from proponents and opponents
(d) Findings of Fact
(e) Decision – Council to consider issuing a special use permit to allow a bar/lounge
use at 5 Easy Street.
14. Council to consider authorizing the Mayor to execute a contract in the amount of
$114,312.50 with Ramsay, Burgin, Smith Architects, Inc. for architectural services for a
new office building.
15. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding an online application allowing
users to retrieve information regarding City services.
16. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
17. City Managers Comments.
18. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The Rowan County Tourism Development Authority will host Summer Night Out
Friday, August 9, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury.
(b) Other announcements.
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast