We're extremely hAPPy right now. We just released the latest version of our iOS app, and it's going to change your Apple device forever. Or at least until we release the next version. What makes v2.0 so special? For starters, it's our first-ever app that works on the iPad! For nexters, it takes everything about our previous iPhone app and upgrades it to the max.
Mobile traffic to Vimeo has exploded (technically speaking, it's tripled) since we first launched our iPhone app in early 2011, so we've renewed our focus to provide the best possible experience for Vimeo users on the move. Our big goal was to recreate our website vibe within the app in order to deliver all the neat-o discovery stuff that makes Vimeo fun to explore.
On an iPad, the new app has an especially cool browser that splits the screen and enables you to watch a video while browsing more suggested videos — it's a great way to keep the amazing vids flowing. In addition, you can watch videos in your Feed (or anywhere on Vimeo) and do all the liking, commenting and Watch Latering that you're used to.
The app also features a built-in video editor so you can create and upload videos at the supermarket, in a forest, or wherever you happen to be. The editor even hooks up to the Vimeo Music Store, making it easy to add a soundtrack.
You'd probably expect all of this crazy technology packed into a miniature space to cost billions of dollars, but we managed to make this app available to you for free. Download it now in the App Store.
Right now you're probably thinking, "Jeez, I wish I could see all of this free app's incredible features in one bulleted list." Well, check this out:
Vimeo iOS App Super Awesome Features
- Free to download from the iTunes App Store
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS and above, iPod Touch, and iOS4.3 and above
- Watch and manage your Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Browse suggested videos while you watch
- Watch videos from your Feed, Watch Later queue, or previously liked videos
- "Like" videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
- Easily upload your raw footage or edited videos in HD or SD
- Use the editor to edit your footage and add music from the Vimeo Music Store
- Pause/resume uploads and receive reminders when an upload is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, email, and/or SMS
- Add videos to Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Access stats on plays, likes, and comments
We're also ridiculously excited to announce our Vimeo app for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, available immediately in the Windows Store. Microsoft just announced the release of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview today, and you can find Vimeo in the Windows Store if you have the Consumer Preview installed. What's so awesome about this app? How about these, um, APPles...
- Beautiful, fast, and fluid Metro style design
- Browse our awesomely curated Channels
- Via Play To, beam Vimeo videos to supported devices like TVs and other Windows computers
- Share videos you like to other apps supporting the Windows 8 sharing charm
- Search for any video on Vimeo
And we're not done yet — we're preparing to properly blow you away when the final version of the app launches with the general availability of Windows 8.
So that's it! We'll stop our yAPPing now. Please enjoy our new iOS app — we know your device will really APPreciate it.