We take pride in serving the most talented video community in the world. As our community grows, we’ve learned so much from you about how you’re using Vimeo to create videos and reach your audience. We’ve learned that you need something that’s quick, customizable, and available to your audience across all devices. Oh, and we’ve learned that it shouldn’t cost a fortune.
With that in mind, Showcase gives you complete control to create a beautiful viewing experience, anywhere.
Whether you’re a freelancer looking to impress prospective clients, an artist or an educator attempting to establish an online presence, or a marketer promoting your products or brand. Showcase provides a toolkit to create custom viewing experiences for your audience, wherever they may be.
Here’s what that looks like:
- Interaction tools. All of our video interaction tools are now available in Showcase. Chapters, contact forms, calls-to-action, and end screens are now supported.
- Create a portfolio or video site. Use our custom layouts to artfully (and responsively) display your videos and share them publicly, or privately (with optional password protection). You can use a custom domain with a unique Vimeo URL, or a domain that you already own. Perfect for creating a portfolio of your work without paying for a separate website builder.
- Embeddable playlists. Embed a collection of videos on your existing site with a simple embed code (with customization and optional password protection) to take full advantage of your site’s built-in traffic and branding — whether your business uses video to support customers or employees.
- TV apps (available to Pro and up). The video landscape has changed significantly over the years. In 2017, ownership of streaming-enabled TV devices increased to 56% of adult Americans (IAB), and is still growing. Demand for these devices creates the expectation that your content gets distributed on TV platforms, but that can come at a steep cost. Showcase lets you create your own channel on Roku and Amazon Fire (with 27 million and 30 million active users, respectively) without typing a line of code or hiring a developer.
- Search optimization. Vimeo Business, Premium, and Enterprise members can now optimize their showcase to get more organic traffic from search engines. Our SEO tools make your showcases discoverable in search results to help you get discovered by a wider audience.
- Private viewing destination. Vimeo Enterprise users can easily control exactly who sees their showcase videos with single sign-on authentication (SSO), private live streaming, embed permissions, and much more.
If you’ve previously used our portfolios or albums features, you may be wondering how Showcase is different. Showcases replace albums (keeping all the features that you love while adding new ones, and completely updating the design), and absorbs some of your favorite features from portfolios.
No matter who you are, you can benefit from Showcase. Get inspiration from top creators, businesses, and organizations that are using Showcase today.
Originally published April 24, 2019.