Last year, we asked you to create a five-second film about lunch. With Valentine’s Day approaching, we thought it’d be the perfect time to challenge you to create another five-second video — this time about dating, love, or anything in between.
For a better idea on how this might work, take a look at our example video:
Maybe you already have a romantic night planned for February 14th. Spread the love by condensing all of your overwhelming feelings into five seconds! If someone has recently smashed the rose-colored lenses you were looking at them through, we want to hear your sad (but brief) story.
Or, if you don’t have time to get too deep with this five-second format, silly sketches about your dating mishaps and adventures are always welcome!
Your secret admirer
- Five seconds in length, please (with allowances for a 2-second intro and 1-second outro, making for 8 seconds in total, if you desire).
- If you add music, make sure you use a song you or a buddy created, or that you have the rights to.
- Only videos made specifically for this Challenge will be considered.
- Anything goes for the title, but add this at the end of your video’s description: “Created for the Weekend Challenge: vimeo.com/groups/weekendchallenge”
Upload and post your video to the Weekend Challenge Group by Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Just follow the screenshots below:
- The winner will receive a badge and a free Vimeo Plus membership for one year! If you’re already a Plus member, you’ll get another year tacked on. If you have Vimeo PRO, we’ll give you six months of PRO added to the end of your current membership.
- The runner-up will receive a free Vimeo Plus membership for six months. Current Plus members will get six months added on, and PRO members will earn three additional months of PRO.
All videos must be approved by the Vimeo Staff before appearing in the group, so don’t worry if your video doesn’t show up at first; we’ll get to it!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to make a five-second video. There were so many great entries in this Weekend Challenge. Can’t wait for the next one!