Fall is upon us here at Vimeo HQ! The leaves are turning beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red, pumpkins and apples are being picked, people are sitting uncomfortably on hay rides, and a bunch of us here at Vimeo are totally wired on candy apples. It’s, dare I say, magical.
To celebrate fall, we want you to create a five-second film. If you live in a place where it isn’t fall, don’t worry! You can interpret “fall” however you like. You can keep it traditional and shoot something about the autumnal equinox, or you can get a little abstract and create something about the fall of the Roman Empire, falling in love, or falling on your face.
Your five-second film should be structured like this: two seconds for an intro title, five seconds for your film, one second for an outro title. That makes eight seconds in total.
Here’s a little something for inspiration:[clip:240699224, size: contain]
Need some more fall inspo? Check out the winner from when we ran this challenge last year![clip:241616332, size: contain]
- Tell a story in five seconds. The actual video portion should not exceed five seconds, two seconds for an intro title, one second for an outro title. Eight seconds in total.
- If you add music, make sure you use a song you or a buddy created, or one that you have the rights to.
- Only videos made specifically for this Challenge will be considered.
- Anything goes for the title, but add the following at the end of your video’s description:
- “Created for the Weekend Challenge: Vimeo Weekend Challenge”
- Uploading and post your video to the Weekend Challenge Group by Tuesday, October 9th at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
- The winner will receive a free Vimeo Plus membership for one year! If you’re already a Plus member, you’ll get another year tacked on. If you have Vimeo PRO, we’ll give you six more months of PRO added to the end of your current membership.
- The runner-up will receive a free Vimeo Plus membership for six months. Current Plus members will get six more months added on, and PRO members will earn three additional months of PRO.
All videos must be approved by the Vimeo Staff before appearing in the group, so don’t worry if your video doesn’t show up at first; we’ll get to it!
This week’s winner was Fall is Knocking by Micah Brown