The average human is exposed to hundreds, maybe thousands, of advertisements each day. And to think, many amazing and worth-your-while things don’t get their own ads. This weekend we challenge *you* to illuminate the features and benefits of literally anything you want. Stairways, the cardboard box your TV came in, urinals, your dog’s favorite toy, really anything is fair game. Maybe it’s time for a PSA about how great of a girlfriend you are, or why you shouldn’t ever eat a tuna sandwich on a crowded bus. This is your chance to talk about something no one is excited about (yet). I hope you have a lot of fun with this! For some inspiration, check out this commercial we made for student loans:
- Create an unlikely commercial or PSA.
- Please play by our Copyright Rules. All entries need to be 100% original. Avoid references (verbal, visual, or otherwise) to specific companies, brands, or people.
- Your video must be two minutes or less in length.
- If you add music, make sure you use a song you or a buddy created, or one that you have the rights to.
- Only videos made specifically for this Challenge will be considered.
- Anything goes for your title, but add this at the end of your video’s description: “Created for the Weekend Challenge: https://vimeo.com/groups/weekendchallenge”
- Upload and post your video to the Weekend Challenge Group by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Just follow the screenshots below:
- The winner will receive a free Vimeo Plus membership for one year! If you’re already a Plus member, you’ll get another year tacked on. If you have Vimeo PRO, we’ll give you six more months of PRO added to the end of your current membership.
- The runner-up will receive a free Vimeo Plus membership for six months. Current Plus members will get six more months added on, and PRO members will earn three additional months of PRO.
All videos must be approved by the Vimeo Staff before appearing in the group, so don’t worry if your video doesn’t show up at first; we’ll get to it!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated! There were lots of great videos to choose from, but the winner is PNAtt(MBtC) Films with The Peanut Camera
Our runner up is Darryl Ahye with 2B
Thanks again to everyone who sent us submissions! See ya next time!