Hey there! It's almost the weekend, and that means it's time to have some fun.
For this Weekend Project, we want you to include some foley sounds into a video. What is foley, you ask? Well - it's the art of reproducing and creating sounds for film. We've recorded 10 sounds especially for you to use in a video you'll be creating this weekend. You need to use at least 5 of these sounds in your finished project.
Let your imagination run wild! We want to see all sorts of styles - narrative, experimental, claymation - as long as it's got our sounds in it, it's all good!
If you want to learn a little bit more about foley artistry, you can do that by checking out this Vimeo Video School lesson.
Here are some things you need to know:
1) Download the foley sounds here.
2) You must use at least 5 of the 10 sounds we have given you. You may use more than 5.
3) You don't have to use the entire sound clip, you can trim it if you want to.
4) In your video description, please point out at what times in your video the sounds are placed
5) Your video must be under 4 minutes long
7) You must upload and post your video to the Weekend Project Group by Tuesday, July 31 at 11:59 PM (EST)
Please remember that only videos made specifically for this Weekend Project will be considered. All videos must be approved by the Vimeo Staff before appearing in the Group, so don't worry if your video doesn't show up at first. We'll get to it!
The winner of this Weekend Project will receive a free Vimeo Plus account for one year! If you win and you're already a Plus member, you can gift the Plus account to whomever you choose, and we'll give you an extra 5GB of upload space for your account. The runner-up will receive an extra 3GB of upload space, Plus account or not.
We can't wait to see what you put together!