It's easy to get caught up in the brain-frying, bank-breaking hustle and bustle of the impending holiday season. What better time to stop and reflect on something understated, overlooked, yet absolutely indispensable in your life? If you've got a minute to spare, that's plenty of time to participate in in this classic Vimeo Project.
The rules are simple:
- Find something in your surroundings that you're grateful for -- something that deserves thanks.
- Since we're focusing on the little things in life, we'd like you to shoot on a macro scale. For a more in depth explanation of all things macro, check out this lesson from Vimeo Video School. Get creative, get close, get as abstract as your heart desires!
- Once you've found and framed your subject, shoot for exactly one minute.
- There can be no camera movements (panning, tilting, etc.) or editing, and you must make use of only the original sound.
- Your video must be added to the Weekend Project Group by Monday, November 19th at 11:59 PM EST
The winner of this Weekend Project will receive a free Vimeo Plus account for one year! If you’re already a Plus member, you can gift the Plus account to whomever you choose and we’ll give you an extra 5GB of weekly upload space for your account. The runner-up will receive an extra 3GB of upload space, Plus account or not. Please note: The Vimeo Staff must review your submissions before they appear in the Group, so if you don't see your video in there right away, don't fret!
Good luck, friends! I can't wait to see all your beautiful little moments.
We were blown away by the caliber of all 142 entries for this project! You guys made it extremely tough to pick our winners, but after much deliberation, we're so pleased to congratulate the following: