As many of you know, preparations for the second-ever Vimeo Festival + Awards are well underway. We’ve been reviewing submissions, planning panels, and scheduling workshops, and along the way we’ve been continually reminded of the truly awesome nature of our community. It’s your amazing videos and passion for Vimeo that makes this whole shindig possible! We know that not everyone can hop on a train, plane, or tandem bicycle to attend the big event, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get involved. We’re featuring heartfelt testimonials and personal musings from the Vimeo community during the Festival + Awards, and we need your voice! And your face!
For this extra-special Weekend Project, we’ve prepared three questions and want you to answer them. Be honest. Be enthusiastic. Be whatever you want — just be yourself. To participate, all you have to do is sit down in front of your camera, look into that lens, and start talking. PRO TIP: Make sure the camera is recording before you start.
Here’s what we’re dying to know:
- What are the qualities of an amazing video?
- What category are you most excited about and why?
- Why do you think it’s important to reward video creators?
If you need a little inspiration, check out the Q&A we did with Vimeo’s own Ad Product Manager, Marcia! She’s such a natural.
A few tips/rules to keep in mind before you start recording:
- Make sure to speak slowly and clearly.
- Answer each question, one at a time, all in the same video.
- Don’t be afraid to have fun. We want to see your personality shine!
- When you’re finished, upload your video and submit it to the Weekend Project Group.
- All submissions are due by Tuesday, April 17, at 11:59 PM (EST).
Remember that only videos made specifically for this project will be considered. All submitted videos must be approved by the Vimeo Staff before appearing in the Group, so don’t worry if your video doesn’t show up right away. We’ll get to it. Promise!
In addition to potentially incorporating your answers into our programming at the 2012 Festival + Awards, everyone who submits a video for this project will receive free Vimeo swag straight from the HQ! Participants will be contacted via Vimeo message with details.
We can’t wait to see your videos!