Sonya, a 17-year-old Russian immigrant, lives in a claustrophobic Brooklyn apartment with her dad and his ever-growing menagerie of cats. When the Landlady threatens to kick them out, Sonya is forced to make an unimaginable decision to protect her aging father and herself.
OFFICIAL SELECTION (Selected List)
- Sundance Film Festival 2011 (World Premiere)
- Birds Eye View - BFI
- Wisconsin Film Festival
- Nashville Film Fest
- Young Artist Society - Oslo
- BAM Cinema FEST (NY Premiere)
- NY No Limits
- Indy Film Fest
- Cork International Film Festival - Ireland
- Bilbao International Documentary and Short Film Festival - Guggenheim - Spain
- Big Muddy Film Festival
- CalArts Film Directing Showcase @ REDCAT
- BongOut Gallery - Berlin - Summer screening series with Harmony Korine, Ulrich Seidl and more.
Pestered by bullies and neglected by her father, Felix must now see after and endure a slobbering, human-sized Cockroach, a new gift from her eccentric filmmaker Dad.
Shot on black and white 16mm and color 8mm film.
An "inciting incident" project for the SUNY Purchase Film program. I adapted "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I do no own the rights, the characters, story or environments of this movie. It was strictly an educational project.