Yehuda Katz, Rails core team member and Engine Yard engineer details the most important attributes that Rails has to offer when building mobile applications, including:
• Common development constraints of mobile applications
• How Ruby on Rails uniquely addresses these common constraints
• Key tools for successful mobile app development
• What *good* mobile applications built using the guidelines above look like (and why they'll stand the test of time)
A special preview of the upcoming Rails 3 release. Carl highlights key changes and new components in Rails 3 to demonstrate how developers can utilize these features to streamline development and boost productivity.
• A new plug-in system
• Upgrading Rails 2.x applications
• Library dependency management
• ActionMailer API
• XSS defense
About Carl Lerche:
Carl is a Ruby enthusiast, and recovering PHP developer. He spent the last year working on Rails 3 at Engine Yard. Carl's been working with Ruby for over four years, and has completed several large-scale commercial sites in that time.