director: Grzegorz Jonkajtys
producers: Grzegorz Jonkajtys, Marcin Kobylecki
Co- producers: Piotr Sikora, Jaroslaw Sawko (Platige Image)
An unknown virus has destroyed almost the entire human population. Oblivious to the true nature of the disease, the only remaining survivors escape to the sea. In great ships, they set off in search of uninhabited land. So begins the exodus, led by one man ...
- Cannes Film Festival - Official Selection (2007)
- SIGGRAPH 2007 - Best of Show
- Prix Ars Electronica - Award of Distinction (2007, Austria)
- Cracow Film Festival - The Silver Hobby-Horse, Best Animated Film
- Australian Effects and Animation Festival (2007, Australia): Winner - Short Film
- Animanima International Film Festival (2007, Serbia): Award for the Best Directing
- Budapest Short Film Festival (2007, Hungary): Best Animation
- Tokyo International Anime Fair (2008, Japan): Notable Entry Prize
- View Conference (2007, Italy): Best 3D Short
- Tehran International Shortfilm Festival (2007, Iran): Best Experimental Award
- Kyiv International Film Festival Molodist (2007, Ukraine): Best Short Film
"Preguntas Hermosas" is a story about a time that was shared between two people, told through a combination of "Poema X" by Pablo Neruda and "Under the Harvest Moon" by Carl Sandburg. It unfolds in three parts; a fond remembrance, loss, and then finally acceptance.
Music by Christi O'Donnell - http://www.rarepoprecords.co/
* You may download the song for your personal enjoyment here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/preguntas-hermosas-single/id422110926
We got to work with a really great new set of people making this animation. Andy Hague helped to build one of the neatest, most comprehensible comps I have ever seen and then I really struggled to match its excellence in the remaining shots. Cheers Andy. Being a method animator Anders Freij had to spend three weeks living as a cat in order to really connect with the feline psyche; quite justifiable if you ask me as the results are magnificently authentic. And I spent three torturous months rendering and re-rendering and putting stuff on fire. Well done me. A billion thanks to everyone involved.
Also I used Tyson Ibele's great building generator to create some of the buildings, (the others were built by the legendary builder Andy Lawson)... and then rebuilt them with simpler geometry but its an ace script anyway check it out.