In this modern world most businesses survival rest on the manipulation and analysis of data and majority of them uses Excel to achieve this. Having known its computing power and capabilities Excel is still the most underutilized tool. Majority of people uses Excels basic functions and use it for nothing more than a spreadsheet for simple bookkeeping. They also know that a lot more can be achieved with this program and its true understanding can yield truly fantastic results for any business in general and data analysts in particular.
Microsoft Excel is an amazing software and almost considered an industry standard for spreadsheet. Learning excel is an imperative if you want to progress and be successful at your workplace. Developing a skill to use EXCEL enhances your productivity and efficiency.
This Advanced Excel training workshop can help the business and finance user to become smart workers and use this program’s potential to enhance their productivity, efficiency and job enrichment.
After the completion of this workshop participant will be able to:
• Understand and use various Excel terms and terminology in communication.
• Filter data based on various conditions.
• Group worksheet data based operations.
• Use various advance level functions not only for calculations but also for making certain decisions based on a given data set.
• Use particular functions for a particular calculation.
• Present a specific set of data in numerous ways for having different insights.
• Develop and format charts for elegant presentations.
• Use Excel as forecasting, budgeting, and data analysis tool.
• Can format data based on certain conditions
• Can share worksheet for simultaneous working
Program is divided into three levels named as Excel Level I, Excel Level II and Excel Level III.
Level I focus on Excel built in functions and the needed concepts to use these in an efficient manner. Level II aims at highlighting Excel features for better data management and managing workbooks. Level III discusses data visualization features and techniques helping user to better understand the data for making useful decisions
EXCEL Level II Contents
• Sorting data by multiple columns at the same time.
• Applying a pre-installed custom sort.
• Creating a customized list and performing a custom sort.
• Data re-organization using colors
• Removing subtotals.
• Expanding and collapsing outline detail levels.
• Using auto Filter.
• Filter by Color
• Filter by defining Criteria
• Advanced filter criteria.
Data presentations and analysis by Pivot Tables
• Using the Pivot Table Wizard
• Changing the pivot table layout
• Grouping items
• Inserting calculated fields
• Pivot Table Options
• Display and hide data in fields
• Lay out reports directly on worksheet
• Pivot Chart (will discuss in Level III)
• Dynamic reporting
• Filtering Pivot Tables Reports using Slicers
What If Analysis (Decision Support)
• Goal Seek
• Data Table
• Scenario Manager
Working with Multiple Worksheets & Workbooks
• Hyperlink to develop navigation between worksheets and Workbook
• Linking Worksheets & Workbooks
• Consolidating Sheets
Interactivity in Excel
• Data Validation
• Managing Comments
• Format Data based on criteria
• Highlight data based on Rules
• Highlight Data based on Top/Bottom Rules
• Importing Text / CSV Files
• Web Query
Sharing and Merging Workbooks
• Accepting/Rejecting Track Changes
• Save as type, Password
• Workbook/sheet Password Protection
Some useful Features
• Developing Drop Down List
• Built in Form for data entry
• Excel Speech Features
• Text to Column
• Removing Column Duplicates
• Flash Fill