Your hosts: James Finister, Chris Matchett, Barclay Rae, Patrick Bolger
Special guest – Stuart Rance
Show notes with links: http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2013/2/20/service-integration-itsmrowp-episode-51.html
• News – Best Practice released a ‘Common Glossary’ – free download
• Book releases:
• How to do Change Configuration and Release Management
• Quantum Age of IT, Charles Araujo
• The Pheonix Project – Gene Kim – novel
• Book Club Hangout – look out on Google+
• Sale of ITIL
• How To Measure Anything – useful definition of a measurement
• Stuart speaking at Service Transition Event
• SITS – Gartner analyst sponsor
• SFIA Conference early March
• Cobit 5 foundation course – Chris left wanting more
• Isaca Membership – value for access to collateral, events
• USMBOK coming out as online course
• Isaca now using APMG - same old gripes
• Best way to teach entry level?
• Recording at TCS London HQ - Service Integration Event
• Different for every organisation
• It’s a long-term partnership
• No standard definition
• Role of coordinating different suppliers and service management layers
• ‘Towers’ – suppliers by functions
• Need solid theoretical framework underpinning
• Competing frameworks
• Even if no official role somebody still has to do it
• Challenge is finding a universally recognised language
• Could vendors say their tool is ‘now with service integration’?
• Not a technical problem – it’s understanding what’s needs to happen when & who needs to see it
• Challenge to coordinate suppliers when legacy contracts apply
• Recruitment – different skill level & experience needed
• Not just about investing to manage failure but how much additional value / return
• IT spent too long teaching customers to ask for technical SLAs
• Topic need to revisit – has only just been touched on
• Jaguar-Land Rover story needs to be heard
• For advice: Cobit, Lawyers, government framework for SIAM coming soon
• Can contact James @jimboffin or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or Stuart email@example.com or @stuartrance
• Kevin Holland
Show notes with links: http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2013/1/25/jump-into-2013-itsm-rowp-episode-50.html
Happy New Year!
SDI now producing – should be more regular..!
50th podcast (actually, it’s more)
Itsmf Estonia – Aale Roos unlearning ITIL
Stuart Rance 2 Speed ITIL
What’s the future of IT?
Practical help – is it still missing?
SME’s need something different
Will we see something new this year?
New ISO model to come
Shift to adding value not dealing with failure
Quantam IT - Charles Araujo
USMBOK gives user scenarios
Need to change our hats
Service Experience Design
Challenges for 2013:
The Business taking control
Get business in the room with IT!
Polestar simulation – Service Desk Inspector now using (new Ep coming soon)
Coming up: itsmf UK Service Integration event 7th Feb
Pink13 – Barclay to speak and exhibit
TFT13 - 1.2 million interactions during TFT12
What is a conference?
TFT - potential to change the face of conferences
Well done to X-Box Live – interviews on ITSMTV
Top Christmas accidents
Jump into 2013!
ITSM Weekly Podcast ROW - Live from itSMF UK Conference #ITSM12
Show notes with links: http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2013/1/25/more-from-the-itsm12-show-floor-itsmrowp-episode-49-part-ii.html
From ITSM UK conference, day 2 - meaty!
Unlearning ITIL, Aale Roos – emotional reactions!
Disconnect from value to customers
People solving their own problems (and each others)
Knowledge management – IT has to help with knowledge the business needs
Mark Smalley – the ambassador is really spoiling us
SLA’s – stop using or try to fix?
Need Service Level Assurance
Ben Clacy & Matthew Burrows
Sale of ITIL – what does it mean to own ITIL?
2 stages – first planned for November 2013 then second stage starting December 2013
Could mean cash injection – risk of commercial pressure
Itsmf Estonia Dec 2012 – Kaimar Karu, X-Box Live
ITSM ROW Podcast Show notes Episode 49 Part 1 – January 2012
More from the ITSMROWP team at #ITSM12.
ITSM ROW Podcast Show notes Episode 49 Part 1 – Nov 2012
Live from itSMF UK Conference #ITSM12
Marval gave away free Red Bulls
Kevin Holland first time on the podcast
Kevin’s article on DevOps in Servicetalk
Stuart Rance HP
Ros Satar – The ITSM Review
Kathryn Howard – itSMF Australia
Is the Cabinet Office Selling ITIL? (IT Skeptic article)
Claire Agutter (didn’t make it to this episode)
Cabinet Office Deputy Director, Juliet Mountford speaking at closing session
Simon Whardley – Keynote speaker
Cell approach - Amazon 2 pizza team rule
What have the Romans ever done for us? (video)
Aale Roos – Unlearning ITIL (Download slides)
Service Integration – Steve Morgan KPMG (Download slides)
G-Cloud ii open for business
London Regional itSMF Meeting (21 Feb 2013) on Service Integration
Knowledge Centered Support (KCS)
Service Level Management SIG (Download slides)
Angela Wint session
Alan Sugar and Amstrad
itSMF Finland conference
No tweets from itSMF during conference
Kevin Holland on Twitter @ITILspecialist
James Finister – Don’t let the vendors take over the TWITTER STREAM
Claire Agutter – Dinasour arms tweet
Who tossed their balls? Jane Humphries SIG Session
Stuart Rance begged for heckles (video)
Kathryn Howard’s presentation – A gardener’s guide to ITSM
Nobody knows about ISO38500
Few people know about COBIT
Amazon availability small print
The awards dinner
Dave Gunson was excellent spoke at the first itSMF
Lenny Henry had fun with itSMFUK twitter handle
Part 2 of itSMF UK 2012 Conference podcast…coming soon