In the 2008 Big Science Adventures Student Film Festival entrants were asked to explore the following criteria:
1. Explore the work of a New Zealand scientist whose work follows on from Darwin
2) Explore the cultural/religious issues in Darwin's day related to his theory of evolution.
3) What evidence is there for evolution? What drives evolution? Can
species adapt to a rapidly changing climate, or will most perish?
4. Comment on the evolution of New Zealand's unique plants and animals.
5. How did Ernest Rutherford's discoveries finally establish the age of
the Earth, thus supporting the long time frame needed for evolution?
6. How has the theory of evolution developed since it was first proposed by Charles Darwin?
7. Critically evaluate alternative explanations for life’s diversity.
Royal Society of New Zealand Big Science Adventures
Royal Society of New Zealand Big Science Adventure
More stuff from “Big Science Adventures”
Heads up: the shoutbox will be retiring soon. It’s tired of working, and can’t wait to relax. You can still send a message to the channel owner, though!
Channels are a simple, beautiful way to showcase and watch videos. Browse more Channels.