Walking through some ideas and concepts for building a Marble Color Sorter.
Attention : For those of you who struggle to get correct results with recent versions :
Turn off Linear Workflow in your Project Settings !!
- Using Mograph's Internal Color system instead of Materials to control the Colors of clones.
- Using a Gradient in the Mograph Shader Effector to handpick specific Colors and control the random distribution.
- Setting up User Data for easy access
- Iterating through the clones
- Using the Motion Graphics Data Node to read the Color of each separate clone
- Using the COFFEE node for multiple simple "if statements" (if the color of a clone equals a specific color then trigger an event)
- Using the Dynamics Body State node to execute a dynamic event (trigger Angular Velocity)
End Result : The randomly assigned color of a marble controls into which direction it rolls.
The concepts presented in this screencast can be used for a wide range of applications.
To anybody curious enough for watching this :
There's no audio, so feel free to ask any questions if something's not clear.
I'll be happy to try and help you out.
This Cinema 4D tutorial shows you the very basics of keyframe animation within Cinema 4D. The tutorial is aimed at people who have never worked with animation within Cinema 4D. The video is split into two parts:
This chapter discusses several ways to create and manipulate keyframes.
>>>>>>> Dynamics 03:19 : 2. Dynamics Body Tag
--------------- Rigid Body Tag + Collider Tag 06:29 : 3. Collision 09:24 : ----- Collision Shapes --> Static Mesh 11:24 : ----- Bounce 12:38 : ----- Friction 13:54 : 4. Forces 15:48 : 5. Duplicating marbles
--------------- with a Mograph Cloner Object 17:23 : ----- with a Standard Particles Emitter
>>>>>>> Real World Examples 18:53 : Ex.1 : Interaction between marbles and Static Objects 22:22 : ----- Compound Collision Shape 23:23 : Ex.2 : Mechanical ball throwing arm 24:25 : 7. Connectors and Springs 25:52 : ----- Connector in Hinge Mode 28:53 : ----- Angular Spring 31:30 : 8. simple Xpresso 31:55 : ----- wheel mechanism (using time to control rotation) 36:27 : ----- door functionality
------------------- using a treshold to trigger Monoflop
------------------- using Monoflop to trigger the Dynamics Body Tag 43:40 : wanna hear something funny ? i recorded this last part a few days later because i had a cold... now listen how much that affected the pitch of my voice ;)