1990 was the beginning of my Junior year at Ithaca College and this was the third episode of the first season of I.C. After Dark. Jason Connelly was the first season host and Clyde and the F.M. Horns were the band.
This episode features one of my favorite parodies "America's Bloodiest Home Videos". Keith Cassidy once again outdid himself with special effects magic. He filled a cabbage from Wegmans with meat, Ketchup and all sorts of disgusting things and then got to whack it with a baseball bat, spraying chunks all over the basement of the East Tower. . .
This is my favorite Man on the Street from the first season. Lots of classic appearances by many of my I.C. classmates. . . It was also one of those ultra-rare Ithaca warm spring days where everyone was outside wearing T-Shirts and shorts even though it was in the 50's!
This episode also features the full version (With Lyrics) of the theme song "Can't take you seriously" during the credits.
• 02:19 Justin and Bryson Jugglers
• 08:04 America's Bloodiest Home Videos
• 10:15 Skinhead O'Connor
• 10:48 Man on the Street with Tom Costantino- "A question to ask all of I.C."
• 18:23 Comedian Mike Capozzola
• 24:30 Milk Commerical Parody
• 26:11 Outro with Crew
1990 was the beginning of my Junior year at Ithaca College and this was the first episode of the first season of I.C. After Dark. Jason Connelly was the first season host and Clyde and the F.M. Horns were the band.
In Pete Devin's Student Talent Spotlight package we have a fine representation of my former 12th Floor East Tower floor mates. Adam screaming at his pet turtle Phil was funniest and most disturbing - "Turn on the GODDAMN Lights Phil!!"
The faux commercials in this were all parodies of existing annoying advertisements of the late 80's. Mystic Places and Very Odd Cases was a Dr. Suess parody of those Time Life book series. Brat was a parody of the Brut ad where the woman dresses up in her husband's clothing while he's away. . .
• 00:48 Man on the Street with Tom Costantino- "What is the Textor Ball?"
• 07:51 Snowman Trailer
• 10:22 Pete Devin's Student Talent Spotlight
• 15:57 Justin and Bryson Jugglers
• 20:45 Mystic Places and Very Odd Cases & Brat Commercial
• 22:05 Comedian Joe Paladino
1990 was the beginning of my Junior year at Ithaca College and this was the second episode of the first season of I.C. After Dark. Jason Connelly was the first season host and Clyde and the F.M. Horns were the band.
This episode featured Chris Elliot and Kevin Smithstrait's only appearances on the show. Logan Ernstthal also makes several appearances.
• 01:51 Chris Elliot Illegal Applicants
• 04:24 Man on the Street with Tom Costantino- "Tuition/Brady Bunch Bad Dream"
• 10:24 Cracklin' Oat Bran Commercial Parody
• 11:08 Comedian Ross Bergman
• 15:24 Cruising with Smitty
• 21:13 Comics commercial
• 22:26 Justin and Bryson Jugglers
1991 was my Junior year at Ithaca College and this was the first episode of the second season of I.C. After Dark. Chad Rogers took over as the new host. This episode originally aired in February 1991. It was shot 80's Old School on 3/4" Tape. It was cut on a BVE900 in the newly built Park School of Communication's Edit B room.
If you look closely in the background of all the skits you will see many people from the 12th floor of the East Tower including my roomates and neighbors and some I.C. friends.
Keith Cassidy aka MACHINE our then -resident Stunt/FX guy actually lit his arm on fire in the Amazing Breakthroughs skit. He drenched his arm with an entire can of Lysol. I remember we had trouble putting out the fire and I think Keith got first and second degree burns on his wrist. . .
Also in the wrangler jeans ad Keith allowed himself to be dragged behind my 1978 Nova by Wendy Cohen tied to the bumper with a bogen tripod dolly underneath him! Everything went fine until he went off the road and the dolly fell apart but he kept going for 50 feet until the rope broke. He got scraped up but survived another stunt!
• 00:45 Pat Holland's Wonderful World of ABBA
• 07:47 Amazing Breakthroughs Infomercial - Dihydrogen Monoxide
• 12:53 Man on the Street with Tom Costantino- "What does NCR Stand for?"
• 18:17 Comedian
• 21:25 Wrangler Jeans Commercial
• 22:08 Justin and Bryson Jugglers
1991 was my Junior year at Ithaca College and this was the second episode of the second season of I.C. After Dark. This episode originally aired in April 1991.
This was the only episode without the Jugglers Justin and Bryson. . .
The sped up footage in the Breaking and Entering open was done the Hard Way - One two frame edit at a time on a BVE900 for hours and hours!! No speed adjustment rendering back then. . .
This episode also relied heavily on a "Then" brand new Panasonic S-VHS camcorder (No camera tethered to a 3/4 deck with 20 Minute tapes) You could shoot 2 Hours on a single tape and it had a "Gain Up" feature that let us shoot in lower light than the older 3/4 cameras. I also used it as a prop in the Man on the Street package.
This is one of my favorite episodes and almost won in the comedy category at the National Association of College Broadcasters awards. . .
• 00:45 Volleyball
• 03:36 Man on the Street with Tom Costantino- "What do you do after dark?"
• 10:22 Bomber Beans
• 11:48 Breaking and Entering with Ross and Pat
• 15:01 I.C. After Dark Writers Meeting
• 18:15 Familiar Feud
• 19:37 Comedian
• 27:08 Bloopers!