"May be the best short film ever made." - Film Threat
1. THE FILM MUST BE EXACTLY ONE MINUTE IN LENGTH
2. THE FILM MUST HAVE NO CUTS
3. THE NUMBER 3 MUST NOT BE MENTIONED
4. THE FILM MUST HAVE LIVE SOUND ONLY (NO POST)
5. THE FILM MUST HAVE NO DIALOGUE
6. ONLY BLACK, WHITE, & PRIMARY COLORS MAY BE USED
7. THE FILM MUST BE SHOT IN ONE TAKE, WITH NO REHEARSALS
8. THE FILM MUST BE PROJECTED IN 35 MM
9. THE CAMERA MUST NOT MOVE
10. ARI VON GOLD MUST PERFORM IN THE FILM
"This film is only one minute long. Yet, what is said in those precious 60 seconds could fill a series of books about film and pop culture. Written, directed by and starring Ari Gold, 'Culture' is one part performance piece and another part essay on movie violence and moviegoer's thirst for blood -- or it may just be enjoyed for what it is, an actor flexing every muscle in his highly trained body. It will take you longer to read this review than to see the film, but it may be seen over and over again and examined and argued about as to its meaning. 'Culture' is 60 seconds of pure cinematic brilliance."
This film won for Best Narrative Short at the South-By-Southwest Film Festival and the Popular Jury Award at the Sao Paolo International Short Film Festival.
Torbin, a lost son of Fleksnes Fataliteter, searches for his Norwegian soul in Los Angeles, and finds it with a local douche as tour guide. Film by AriGoldFilms.com
Music by EthanGold.com
Songs by EgilOlsen
Featuring Tor Arne Øvrebø, Ari Gold, Joshua Lundy, Baba Hill, River Boyd, Mearii Hayden, some ducks, and anyone else please let me know because I probably lost your info, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Special appearance by Sten "Boss Man" Hellevig.