Blog post: developer.appcelerator.com/blog/?p=18406
Today we're going to do something a little different with Forging Titanium. We're going to take a popular app from the wild and see how we can implement some of its features in Titanium. Today's target: the animated menu from the Path mobile app.
In this episode we'll cover topics like:
* Advanced animation techniques
* Rotating and scaling UI components
* Native iOS module development
* Cross-platform considerations
* Titanium extensibility
With these techniques, we'll not only show you that Titanium can execute and perform as well as its native counterpart, but also do so from a single code base.# vimeo.com/36846582 Uploaded 6,515 Plays 4 Likes 0 Comments
Blog post: developer.appcelerator.com/blog/?p=18288
This episode of Forging Titanium will give you an overview of what Box is and how you can integrate into your own apps using the Box Titanium module. We'll walk through getting your Box account set up, getting API keys, and then integrating Box's SDK into your own app via the Titanium module. In a few short minutes you will have free, integrated cloud storage services in your Titanium apps!# vimeo.com/36444322 Uploaded 1,473 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
The Titanium Mobile 1.8 SDK is here and it comes with a whole bag of goodies! Here's just a short list of some of the highlights:
* Dual runtime support for both Rhino and the newly integrated V8 engine for Android
* The Mobile Web Beta SDK is now integrated into Titanium Mobile
* 2 new gestures: `longpress` and `pinch`
* Android VideoPlayers can now be embedded
* Full XML DOM Level 2 support on both Android and iOS
* Support for the iOS 5.0.1 "do-not-back-up" file attribute
And there's a whole lot more. Be sure to watch this screencast to see a number of these new features and parity alignments in action!
### Episode Resources:# vimeo.com/33806540 Uploaded 2,576 Plays 1 Like 0 Comments
It's a very exciting time for Titanium Android developers. Don't miss this screencast if you want to join in on the fun!
### Episode Highlights
* Find out where to get the 18.104.22.168 CI build
* A live demo of a simple benchmark app showing the performance enhancements achieved with the V8 integration
### Blog link: developer.appcelerator.com/blog/?p=17747# vimeo.com/33249107 Uploaded 1,792 Plays 0 Likes 0 Comments
In Part 1 of the Twisti app series we created a native Android module that listened for sensor data. This sensor data was then transformed into 3 values, azimuth, pitch, and roll, which represented the physical orientation of the mobile device. In Part 2 we took that transformed data and used it to represent a mobile device as an animated 3D model with Three.js in a Titanium WebView .
In this third and final episode in the series, we'll create a client/server relationship with Titanium Sockets. We'll create an android device that will act as a sensor proxy, serving its physical orientation to connected clients. Those clients will represent the remote sensor as a 3D model, just as in Part 2.
### Episode Resources:# vimeo.com/32976053 Uploaded 4,069 Plays 3 Likes 0 Comments