We are very proud to be working with the some of the worlds most talented Skydive, Base Jumping and Wingsuit athletes. Our aim through this video is to showcase their work and open the doors for other athletes and filmmakers and provide opportunities for greater exposure. This is The INFINITY LIST Mission and we do it in eight adventure sports categories. It's what we do.
Rocky Braat, a young man from a fractured family and a troubled past, went traveling through India without a plan. Then he met a group of HIV positive children living in an orphanage -- a meeting that changed everything for him.
Rocky left his life, friends, and career in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to live with the kids. Steve Hoover, his best friend and filmmaker, was unsettled and intrigued by this drastic action. In an effort to find out what compelled Rocky to give up every source of stability in his life, Hoover decided to trace Rocky's story, following him to India.
He witnessed Rocky and the kids endure disease, abject poverty, and death. But, strangest of all, in the midst of these troubles, he also saw their deep joy. And he came to understand why Rocky had given up everything he had to experience it.
'Blood Brother' is a story of friendship. It's a story of a life, stripped down to its essence. Most of all, it is a story about love, enduring in the face of death.
Visit bloodbrotherfilm.com to learn more and to sign up to bring Blood Brother to your town.
Questions About Hosting a Screening? firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2008, I walked through China - one year, more than 4500km. All the while, I let my hair and my beard grow. This is the resulting video.
Add me on FB: facebook.com/crehage Or drop by on my blog: thelongestway.com
- I never finished my original goal of walking to Germany. Instead, I walked for a year and roughly 4500km, passed the Gobi desert, and then decided to stop walking for now.
- All of the distance from Beijing to Ürümqi was completed solely on foot, straight good old walking. There are instances where you can see me in the video sitting on a plane or riding a boat, but those are during breaks I had to take from walking, either to sort out bureaucracy issues or to take care of some personal things.
- I had been planning this trip for over a year before I even started, and getting as far as I got was an experience for which I am very grateful.
- Obtaining the necessary visa for a trip like this was not very easy, hence I had to go back to Beijing a few times to resolve some issues.
- This is not a strict "1 pic a day" video, because I wanted to make it a bit more alive by adding some additional movement. Sometimes during the film you would follow me turn around, or something would happen in the background. I tried to capture these moments to make the video more interesting.
- If you liked the music I used in this video, get it here:
The Kingpins - "L'Aventurier" bit.ly/RXOMaz
Zhu Fengbo - "Olive Tree" bit.ly/UDsHT7
- The core of this project is in actually my blog where I have posted my extensive travel diary, starting from day 1 (Nov 9th 2007) and describing every single day until the end one year later.
Update - this weird beard video won at the following festivals:
2009 Boulder Adventure Film Festival
2010 Berlin Webcuts
2010 Banff Mountain Film Festival
2011 Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival
2011 5th International Mountain Film Festival Domžale
2011 Squamish Mountain Festival
2011 Mezinárodný Festival Horských Filmov, Poprad
2011 Vertical Film Festival, Moscow
#8 top viral video 2009 at Time.com
Thanks to madandcrazychild (she takes a photo every day), NK5000 (Noah takes a photo of himself every day for 6 years.) and mattharding2718 (Where the Hell is Matt? 2008) for inspiration.