I have always wanted to travel to New Zealand for as long as I can remember, and so when I decided to move out of my home of 10 years and start pursuing film making around the world, I knew the time had come. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made to leave my beloved home, but I was more ready than ever to embrace the unknown and explore the world. I spent 3 months in New Zealand traveling in a Camper Van having one of the most incredible times of my life. I enjoyed countless nights under the stars, towering mountains, magical rainforest, stunning ocean, and meeting people from all over the world. It changed my life forever, and I know I'll never be the same.
Magical New Zealand is comprised of 8640 individual images from over 150,000 that were taken as I traveled around New Zealand for 3 months last spring. The inspirational music of Shaun Diaz is the perfect complement to this magical landscape. If you enjoy, please share!
This piece and footage clips from it are available for licensing at 4k and 1080p.
I originally created this piece with beautiful spoken poetry accompanying it. Recently I prepared this without the spoken word for my stock agency and since it has such a different feel I want to share it here as well. You can see the original piece here:
Oneness New Zealand - vimeo.com/shawnreeder/onenessnewzealand
All Time-lapse sequences were taken by the astronauts onboard the International Space Station (ISS) (Thanks guys for making this available to the public for use!) All footage has been color graded, denoised, deflickered, slowed down and stabilized by myself. Clips were then complied and converted to 1080 HD at 24 frames/sec.
Some interesting tidbits about the ISS. It orbits the planet about once every 90 mins and is about 350 Km/217 miles. The yellow/greenish line that you see over the earth is Airglow.
Hope you all enjoy it and thanks for watching!
P.S. It would be a dream to actually be up there in the ISS. Btw NASA, if you need a Biochemistry Ph.D to do some work for you up there, I’m your man, LOL!
Footage Note: The slower video represents a closer resemblance to the true speed of the International Space Station; this footage was shot at one frame per second. Clips are all marked with an *.
Locations of Footage in the order they appear:
1. A Jump over the Terminator
2. Sarychev Volcano
3. From Turkey to Iran*
4. Hurricane Irene Hits the US
5. Indian Ocean to Pacific Ocean Through the Cupola*
6. Central Great Plains at Night*
7. Aurora Borealis over the North Atlantic Ocean*
8. Aurora Borealis from Central U.S.*
9. Up the East Coast of North America*
10. Myanmar to Malaysia*
11. Western Europe to Central India
12. Middle East to the South Pacific Ocean
13. Aurora Borealis over Europe*
14. City Lights over Middle East*
15. European City Lights*
16. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
17. Moonglow over Canada and Northern U.S.*
18. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (1)
19. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (2)
20. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (3)
21. Stars and the Milky Way over the Atlantic*
22. The Milky Way and Storms over Africa (1)
23. The Milky Way and Storms over Africa (2)