Time lapse sequences of photographs taken by the crew of expeditions
28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October,
2011, who to my knowledge shot these pictures at an altitude of around 350 km.
All credit goes to them.
Full HD, refurbished, smoothed, retimed, denoised, deflickered, cut, etc.
All in all I tried to keep the looks of the material as original as possible,
avoided adjusting the colors and the like, since in my opinion the original
footage itself already has an almost surreal and aestethical visual nature.
Music: Jan Jelinek | Do Dekor, faitiche back2001
w+p by Jan Jelinek, published by scape Publishing / Universal janjelinek.com | faitiche.de
Image Courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory,
NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth eol.jsc.nasa.gov
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
A story about the fire at the heart of suffering.
Bringing together dancers, musicians, visual artists and 3d animators, the film takes a critical look at current events. A mysterious figure travels aboard his boat through a dark and desolate landscape in his quest for inner peace.
Main softwares used: Maya, Vray, FumeFX, RealFlow
Download the wallpapers on our site. heliofant.com
Some of the stellar artists that worked on the short: strob.net, huguescoupal.com, sebastienlarroude.com, arnaudbrisebois.carbonmade.com, daverand.com
Thank you Boogie Studio of Montreal for color grading the film for festivals!!!
Animation is about half keyframe animation and half motion capture.
Motion capture recording by Lartech.
Winner Ocelot Robot Film Festival
Placed 14th/100 best of 2012 | Fubiz
The Future of Animation | SOTW Awards 2013
“3D Movie creation” best film distinction | 4th International Animated Short Film Festival “Ciné court animé”
Winner 3D award Bitfilm Festival - bitfilm.com/festival/
Selected for The One Show - oneclub.org/
Taafi - Toronto Animation Arts Festival International official selection (also selected for best of Taafi film screening)
Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2013 - official selection
20th Granada Short film festival - International Competition
An ancient evil threatens Planet Earth and 12-year-old Storm Curtis is the only one who has the power to summon Earth's defenses. Using the force of the earth's Underground Sun, he is thrown into an epic duel! Storm will answer the call of destiny, learn about team spirit and face the ups and downs of communal living - not so easy sharing the bathroom with a monkey! Get ready for Football like you've never seen before.