What do MasterCard, Visa, Bank of America, Paypal and Western Union all have in common? They help you pay for what you want? Well, yes... that is unless you want to help WikiLeaks make the world a better place. To see the shocking details, please go to http://www.wikileaks.org/Banking-Blockade.html
Time lapse sequences of photographs taken by the crew of expeditions
28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October,
2011, who to my knowledge shot these pictures at an altitude of around 350 km.
All credit goes to them.
Full HD, refurbished, smoothed, retimed, denoised, deflickered, cut, etc.
All in all I tried to keep the looks of the material as original as possible,
avoided adjusting the colors and the like, since in my opinion the original
footage itself already has an almost surreal and aestethical visual nature.
Music: Jan Jelinek | Do Dekor, faitiche back2001
w+p by Jan Jelinek, published by scape Publishing / Universal janjelinek.com | faitiche.de
Image Courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory,
NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth eol.jsc.nasa.gov
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
Aphex Twin has done some legendary live performances in the past, so when we were asked to produce his stage show for the Traffic festival in Turin (with 20,000 people turning up), we wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary.
We decided that we wanted to push the show away from just video projections so we enlisted the help of dance choreographer Darren Johnston of the excellent Array.
We wanted to combine our knowledge of video projections and Darren’s knowledge of dance choreography. So we had the dancers (Aphex masks, wedding dresses and all) move behind on stage screens and used video projections to morph their silhouettes into multi limbed monsters which raved away to Aphex’ set.
We offset this with a central screen which showed mutated hands working a variety of analogue audio gear. The result was a delightfully twisted cabaret which seemed to fit the event perfectly.
From the glaciers to the desert,
From New Zealand to Rome
Time flows, flies, burns.
Thank you for watching,
I traveled a lot in the past year, visiting many places multiple times,
and I thought I shall share those views and put them all together
into a short film, but I also wanted to have the logic in the sequence
coming from the ice age and glaciers and finishing with the end of life
on our planet, when other civilizations send their exploring rovers
to find out if the life ever existed on this planet, which we call Earth.
Huge Thanks to Anna, who worked with me on this project.
Thanks to Dalvin, Brinda and Leon from Navajo Tours, who let me
film with Glidecam inside of Antelope Canyon:
Tasman Glacier Lake, New Zealand
Milford Sound, New Zealand
Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
Antelope Canyon, Arizona
Horseshoe Bend, Arizona
Prague, Czech Republic
Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii
Grand Canyon, Arizona
Death Valley, California
Mono Lake, California
Kalalau Valley, Hawaii
Bryce Canyon, Utah