Artificial Paradise, Inc is an experimental film anticipating a future where a major corporation has developed a unique software, based on organic virtual reality, which holds all the lost memories of humankind. A user connects to this database of the forgotten…what is he searching for?
Production : Condor & Jean-Paul Frenay
Director / editor / compositing : Jean-Paul Frenay
Main 3D artist / compositing : Sandro Paoli
3D artists : Sylvain Jorget and Sébastien Desmet
Additional 3D operators : Otto Heinen and Okke Voerman
Sound Design : Seal Phüric feat. Neptunian8
Awards & Recognitions//
• Second Place of the Non Narrative Category @ Cutout Festival, EM
• Honorable mention for Artificial Paradise, Inc @ Fargo Film Festival 2010, USA
• Nominated for Best technical Realisation @ Animago Award 2010, DE
When a man is witness to a murder and takes pictures of the killer, he has to run for his life. During the chase he is able to turn the tables and the prey becomes the hunter. All resulting in an unfortunate ending.
The film is designed and animated by:
Kevin Megens, Floris Vos, Arno de Grijs, André Bergs
Music and sound design by Alex Debicki.
Script by Jan Eduards.
Produced by il Luster Productions.
Honors and Awards:
- Nomination for Cartoon Dór 2011
- 2010 Short Short Story Festival Awards Mind's Eye Award
- Jose Abel Prize at CINANIMA 2010
- Nominated VIMEO Award 2010
- Nominated for Golden Méliès award at Riga
- International Fantastic Film Festival 2010
- Silver Méliès award at Imagine film festival Amsterdam 2010.
- First prize in the category 'professionals' at Zwolle Animation Festival 2010
- Playgrounds Awards 2009: Best local: Pivot
- Nominated for the ‘Golden Kalf’ for the Best Shortfilm of 2009! Dutch Film Festival
- Competing for the ‘Golden Kalf’ for the Best Shortfilm of 2009! Dutch Film Festival