Check out our new film 'The Maker' http://youtu.be/YDXOioU_OKM
Born into a world of numbers, an oppressed zero discovers that through determination, courage, and love, nothing can be truly something.
Zero is a 12'32 stop motion animation written and directed by Christopher Kezelos and produced by Christine Kezelos. For more information, visit http://www.zeroshortfilm.com or like us on http://www.facebook.com/zeroshortfilm
Zero is available on YouTube with transcripts in over 20 languages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMbySJTKpg&cc_load_policy=1
About the Director: Christopher Kezelos has recently relocated to Los Angeles from Sydney, Australia and is seeking new Directing opportunities. To get in touch, you can contact him here: http://zealouscreative.com/contact/
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS:
- 2011 Shorts Film Festival: Best FX
- 2011 Lady Filmmakers Film Festival: Ladies Kick Butt Award
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best Animation
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best Australian Short
- 2011 Sandfly Film Festival - Best at Sandfly
- 2010 LA Shorts Fest: Best Animation
- 2010 Rhode Island International Film Festival: First Place - Best Animation
- 2010 ATOM Awards: Best Short Animation
- 2010 Grand OFF - World Independent Film Awards: Best Animation
- 2010 Naples International Film Festival: Best Short Film
- 2010 Bondi Short Film Festival: Best Script
- 2010 Bondi Short Film Festival: Best Design
- 2010 Flickerfest International Film Festival: Best Achievement in Sound
- 2010 Australian Cinematographers Society: Golden Tripod - Experimental & Specialised (National)
- 2010 AFI Awards: Nominated for Best Short Animation
- 2010 Inside Film Awards: Nominated for Best Short Animation
- 2010 APRA Screen Music Awards: Nominated for Best Music in a Short Film
- 2010 Australian Screen Sound Awards: Nominated for Best Sound in a Short Film
- 2009 Australian Cinematographers Society: Gold Award - Experimental & Specialised (NSW/ACT)
- 2010 Palm Springs International ShortFest & Film Market: Official Selection
- 2010 St. Louis International Film Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Savannah Film Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Hiroshima International Animation Festival: Official Selection
- 2010 Seoul International Cartoon Animation Festival: Official Selection (SICAF Choice)
(View All: http://zeroshortfilm.com/category/screenings-awards/)
Thanks to 'Short of the Week' for helping bring our film to the attention of online audiences:
http://www.shortoftheweek.com Short of the Week
I did all the 3D for this video (modeling, Texturing, animation, Fx etc.) in 3dsMax 2011 and rendered with Vray, for this very short fake trailer i did just for fun with my friend Patrick Boivin who had the idea, did the live shooting, direction and compositing in Adobe After Effects. We wanted to see the technical level we could reach together.
I used CAT for the animation. The first landing shot was done by camera projection (we had just a photo for the background and a fire footage). I created all my HRDI images for the reflection using a fisheye lens. It took me alot of time to model the whole Iron Baby suit. I first model the real Iron Man and then deformed it to baby proportions.
Making of available here:
Model available on Turbosquid :http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Strob?referral=Strob
Half-Life Origins is an independent short by Infectious Designer.
Everyone remembers the first time they stepped onto the Black Mesa Transit System and into the shoes of the unexpected hero, Gordon Freeman. Half-Life Origins is a short film that takes you back to where it all began.
Director's Note: After 10+ years since it's release, if you ever go back and replay the original Half-Life, it doesn't look anything like you remember. The graphics are horrible compared to present day games, but years ago it blew my mind. This video plays with that contrast. I incorporated a fusion of live action and CG environments that give it a semi-realistic look, but also not realistic at the same time. Hope you enjoy it!
( Hope you enjoyed it. Please use the Tip Jar below to help us make more awesome videos! )
Beyond Black Mesa is a short Independent fan film Inspired by the Half-Life Video Game series. This is an action packed short film centering around Adrian Shephard and a band of resistance fighters struggling to get out a warning about the impending invasion.
- Independent short film - 2 years in the making - Endless hours of post
- 1 Canon HV20
- 7 Friends
- $1,200 budget for the full short film.
This film is not HL,HL2 or Opposing Forces. It's a short fan film that takes place in the Half-Life world. Also, as a completely independent film, we wanted to have a creative voice in the movie and make it a movie that we would enjoy shooting. We took artistic freedoms and liberties, unfortunately most of those decisions were determined by our limited resources.