The second video from EOS Network on the new EOS 7D. Showing the movie recording size settings, the electronic level and the quick control screen.
Why not visit the website and join in the EOS community there? You can follow the daily blog, chat in the forum and upload images to the gallery.
Filmed with an EOS 5D Mark II, EF135mm f/2L, EF100mm f/2.8 and two Litepanel Micropro lights.
Voiceover recorded on a Zoom H4n using the built in stereo mic. Edited in FCP6.
Got this one from Eugenia vimeo.com/eugenia here at Vimeo. Sorry for the crapy sound!
1) I use two thin, stretched out rubber bands (about 2 inches when relaxed) work the best, a gossamer connection between you and the tripod
2) In general cranking the pan resistance up yields the best results.
3) The smoothest pans happen when the tension is enough that the ruuber band is stretched to 75% of it's max (about 8-10 inches) when panning.
4) The rubber band also allows the head to slowly come to stop as the band contracts after you've stopped panning.
5) You can bundle several around the pan arm on your tripod and never be without.