Winner: Best Short Film, Southampton African American Film Festival, 2014.
Nominee: Best Experimental Film, Female Eye Film Festival, Toronto, 2012.
Official Selection: San Diego Black Film Festival, 2012.
Official Selection: St. Louis International Film Festival, 2011.
An immigrant artist ponders the meaning of life and death in two cultures as he prepares a community altar for the Day of the Dead to remember those whom he has lost and his own native Mexico.
• Premiered at Sheffield Doc/Fest in the U.K. in June 2011
• Semi-finalists for the Student Academy Awards 2011
• Official selection documentary film at U.FRAME International Film Festival in Porto Portugal fall 2011
• Official selection Student documentary film at The White Sands, Las Cruces Int. Film Festival 2011
• Honorable mention documentary short film at Queens World Film Festival, Astoria New York 2012
• Official selection documentary short film at Gdansk DocFilm, Gdansk Poland 2012
• Official selection Workers Unite Film Festival, Brooklyn New York 2012
• Official selection DOCUTAH International Film Festival, St. George UT 2012
• Official selection 35th Starz Denver Film Festival, Denver CO 2012
• Official selection Humanity Explore Film Festival, Culture Unplugged 2013
• Official selection Next Frame Student Film Festival and Tour, Temple University 2013-14 (stay tuned for tour screenings)