- Best Director (National): Canberra Short Film Festival 2012
- Best First-Time Director: California Film Awards 2012
- Best New Filmmaker: Shepparton Short Film Festival 2013
- Award of Merit: Best Shorts Competition (USA) 2012
- Included in the short film collection at Australian National Film and Sound Archive
- Tropfest (Australia) 2012
- The China International New Media Shorts Festival 2012
- George Town Film Festival 2012
- Puerto Rico International Film Festival 2012
- Made In Melbourne Film Festival 2012
- Shorts Film Festivals 2013
Director of Photography : Jason Palmer
Music : Bjorn Lynne
Circle Squared is a commissioned animation for the New York Times' 'T Magazine'. It was released around the holidays as part of a series of shorts that explored the theme of 'Giving'.
The story is told through stop-motion animation, using toy-like hand-made wooden forms. The shapes interact similarly to the way Russian dolls nest. These cube-animal shapes originate from the idea of a box containing a gift, but instead of depicting a literal gift-giving situation, the story is rooted in the cycle of nature, where animals end up unwittingly giving of themselves so that other creatures may live.
Circle Squared won a Webby and was nominated for a 2007 Emmy.