In February 2011, the five times world champions Fred Fugen and Vince Reffett from Soul Flyers were invited to Melbourne to provide advanced 3D coaching to some of Australia's leading Skydive athlete talent.
The goal of the Training camp and the production were:
1. To increase participation in our sport.
2. Provide greater pathways for our elite athletes.
Hopefully this video will give all that view it a different perspective of what skydiving can offer. Hopefully it will provoke some necessity to learn to fly in our wonderful three-dimensional environment- The Sky!
Shot on a GoPro
Music: Alex Khaskin - "She Is"
This is my Degree Project from MassArt. The goal was to capture the energy and fluidity that goes into the sport of basketball. I hand drew every frame of this using Microns and composited them onto brown paper.
Check out the write up it received on ESPN.com here http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visuals/post/_/id/9222/video-art-project-captures-basketball-motion#more
Original Music By my good friend Evan Morse whose work you should definitely check out at http://evanmorse.bandcamp.com/
1) converted mov into cineform HD avi file
2) premiere cuts and import prproj into aftereffects
3) after effects time warp 100% to 10% speed (with alot of keyframes on pixel motion accuracy to avoid artifacts)
4) rendering in TGA sequence (to speed up next steps)
5) Timeremapping to do final adjustments on clip speed
6) directional blur applied on tga sequence to simulate motion blur
7) colorcorrection (with curves, levels, blur, masks, transfer mods ecc)
8) light effects to hide cuts
9) text with motion blur
10) import aep in premiere, rendering the work area
11) sound design (thx to Vangelis for "la petite fille de la mer")
12) final export
David A. Smith is a traditional sign-writer/designer specialising in high-quality ornamental hand-crafted reverse glass signs and decorative silvered and gilded mirrors. David recently produced a wonderful turn-of-the-century, trade-card styled album cover for popular American singer/songwriter John Mayer.
This film captures the 'Behind The Scenes' creation of the 'Born & Raised' and 'Queen of California' artwork, as well as 2 unique reverse glass panels, hand-crafted in England by David A. Smith.