Fall Theme: Making It Personal
How Does Jesus Feel About You?
3 Things we learn about Jesus:
1. His _______________ is above reproach. _________
2. How __________________ we are to him.
Matthew 9:12–13 (NASB95) — 12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. 13 “But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire compassion, and not sacrifice,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” John 10:11-18
3. How He _____________ for us in our time of need.
2 Lessons for us today:
1. We need to ______ people the way God values people.
2. We need to know our lives can bring ________ to God.
Psalm 51:16–17 (NASB95) — 16 For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
1 Key Question:
1. Will you ____________?
Luke 13:5 (NASB95) — 5 “I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
Sermon Series: 1 Peter
Let’s Get Excited!
1 Peter 1:3-6
1. Praise God for his great __________.
Romans 8:1 (NASB95) — 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Titus 3:5 (NASB95) — 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
2. Praise God for the new __________ we have in Christ.
John 3:3 (NASB95) — 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
3. Praise God for the _____________ of the resurrection.
4. Praise God for our heavenly ___________.
Romans 8:17 (NASB95) — 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
5. Praise God for our ____________ security.
John 10:28–29 (NASB95) — 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.