After a very successful festival circuit, running on over 180 film festivals and winning more than 50 awards, we’ve decided that it’s finally time to share “The Present” with the rest of the world.
“The Present” is based on a great little comic strip by the very talented Fabio Coala.
Make sure to check out his page: mentirinhas.com.br
“The Present” is a graduation short from the Institute of Animation, Visual Effects and Digital Postproduction at the Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
We really hope you enjoy the result of our hard work. Thanks to everyone who help creating this film and everyone who supported us during the festivals. Thanks a lot for making this such an incredible journey.
A more detailed list of all the festival awards:
01. Int. Festival of Animation Cinema and Comics Cartoon Club - Cartoon Kids Award
02. Flickers Rhode Island International Film Festival – Grand Prize Best Animation
03. FESA - Best Film for Children
04. Animago Award - Nominated for Best Short Film
05. Int. Student Film Festival Pisek – Special Jury Award
06. Animalada - Best Short Animated Film 2014, Jury Award
07. Anim Arte – Maxi Second place: Audience Award
08. 15 Short Film Festival – Jury Award Best Animation
09. PISAF – Audiences Prize (International)
10. International Family Film Festival – Best Foreign Short Animation
11. Enfoque, Int. Film Festival of Puerto Rico – Best Animation and Audience Choice Award
12. Filmschau Baden Wuerttemberg – Best Animation
13. El Corto del Ano - Special Jury Mention
14. Watersprite 2015 – Best Original Film Music
15. California International Shorts Festival – Best Animated Short
16. Short Tiger, Next Generation – Short Tiger Award
17. Landshuter Kurzfilmfestival – Audience Award Kids
18. Soul 4 Reel Festival – Best Animation
19. Canada International Film Festival - Best Animation
20. CMS Int. Children´s Film Festival – Special Mention
21. Monstronale – Int. Children Jury Award
22. Sehsuechte Int. Student Festival Konrad Wolf – Best Children Film
23. RiverRun International Film Festival – Best Student Animated Short
24. VAFI – MIDI Section First Prize
25. Newport Beach Film Festival – Outstanding Achievement in Filmmaking
26. Timeline Film Festival – Filmmaker Award
27. Animayo Festival de Cine de Animacion – Director Award
28. Chile Monos Festival Internationcional de Animacion – Second Place Int. School Short Film Competition
29. Carmarthen Bay Film Festival – Best Animation
30. Int. Film Festival for Children & Youth - THE HERMÍNA TÝRLOVÁ AWARD FOR YOUNG ARTIST AGED UNDER 35
31. Rendezvous Festival – Best Animation
32. Accolade Global Film Competition - Award of Excellence Special Mention: Animation (Student)
33. Long Day Short Film – Grand Jury Prize
34. Animatio Curtas Vila do Conde IFF – Curtinhas Prize
35. Anima Mundi – Best short film for Children
36. Maramures International Film Festival 2015 - Audience Award
37. Real to Reel International Film festival – Best Student Animation
38. Giffoni Film Festival – Second Most Voted Film
39. Traverse City Film Festival – Audience Award for Best Kids Short
40. Ariano Film Festival – Best Animation
41. Int. Film Festival Nueva Mirada for Children and Youth - Golden Kite" Award
42. Joy House Film Festival – Media Super's Best Film
43. ArTelesia Film Festival – School and University Award
44. Summer Slam Film Festival – Best Animation Short
45. Catalina Film Festival – Best Animation Film
46. Sapporo Shorts Fest - Best Student Children Film Silver
47. Sapporo Shorts Fest - Best Student Director Award
48. AKUT – 2. Audience Award
49. NYLA International Film Festival - Best Animation
50. Austin Film Festival - Animated Short Audience Award
51. Seoul Guro Int. Kids Film Festival - Best Animated Short Film
52. Filemon - Best Short Film
53. Virginia Film Festival – Audience Award for Narrative Short
54. Ojai Film Festival – Honorable Mention
55. Gold Coast International Film festival – Jury Award for Best Student Short Film
56. Short Film Awards – Best Animated Short
57. Roshd Int. Film Festival – Third Prize
58. Olympia International Film Festival – Children´s Jury Award for Best animated short
59. Los Angeles Independent Film Festival - Best Animation
In this episode of the Caminandes cartoon series we get to know our hero Koro even better! It's winter in Patagonia, food is getting scarce. Koro the Llama engages with Oti the pesky penguin, in an epic fight over that last tasty berry.
This short 'Free Culture' animation film was made with the free 3D software Blender and funded by the subscribers of the Blender Cloud platform. Already since 2007, Blender Institute successfully combines film and media production with improving a free and open source 3D creation pipeline.
Currently a lot of extra material and tutorials is being produced, to share the full production with the cloud subscribers.
Special thanks goes to the music by Torin Borrowdale, the sound effects by Sander Houtman and the render power of RenderStreet.
The film and all of the files that made the film are available on Blender Cloud, in Creative Commons. Get your free downloads and read more about Caminandes and our other work here: https://cloud.blender.org/caminandes
Release date: 29 January 2016
Director: Pablo Vazquez
Music: Torin Borrowdale
Sound design: Sander Houtman
Layout and animation direction: Hjalti Hjalmarsson
Character modeling and animation: Sarah Feldlaufer
Modeling, design, lighting, effects: Andy Goralczyk
Pipeline and production: Francesco Siddi
Story artist: Matias Mendiola
Rigging: Juan Pablo Bouza
Software support: Sergey Sharybin
Produced by: Ton Roosendaal
Meet Colosse, Yves Geleyn's sweet 30-foot child. Now, Colosse isn't your ordinary child; he just so happens to be a very tall, wood robot puppet who doesn’t know his own strength, much less what his strings are up to.
Executive Producer: Michael Feder
Producer: Zack Kortright
Live Action Producer: Joel Kretschman
Director of Photography: Ivan Abel
Gaffer: Michael Yetter
1st AC: Jason Vandermer
Key Grip: Joe Mandeville
Fabrication: Connie Chan
Set: Halsey Rodman
Lead Puppeteer: Steven Widerman
Puppeteer: Billy Barkhurst
Robot Tech: Ben Phelan
CG Lead: Erwin Riau
CG Animator: Nicholas Johnnides
Editor: R.J. Glass
Compositor: Yussef Cole
Roto Artist: Mary Varn, Julien Koetsch
Music & Sounds Design: Huma-Huma
Make sure to watch the film past the credits, enjoy!
After running on over 300 festivals BOB finally reached Vimeo with his little running wheel. We would like to thank everyone who enjoyed the film, voted for us on festivals and gave us a laugh during the screenings. It's an incredible feeling to make people happy.
This was the first time we created an 3d animated movie during our studies at the Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg and we would have never thought that it became that successful.
There are a lot of things we would have done differently nowadays but for a small team, six months and almost no knowledge of the software, we are proud with the result and finally want to share it with everyone.
BOB: Tom Zahner
student producer: Anna Matacz
director: Jacob Frey & Harry Fast
script: Jacob Frey & Stefanie Ren
character design: Harry Fast
lighting & rendering: Michael Lederhuber
music: Karol Obara
sounddesign: Marco Manzo
for further info check out bob-film.com and leave us a comment in our guestbook.