After 3 months shooting on location with the bullet time rig around China, it's great tobe back in the studio experimenting.
NEW WORK 3 MONTHS ON LOCATIONS WITH 96 CAMS vimeo.com/56893274
LIKE US facebook.com/SpliceBoys
Splice Boys: Tom Brandon, Richard Kendall and Crew :
- 96 camera rig, 30s sequential exposure.
- A lot of running around with lights.
- Also combining manual and pulsing strobe flash.
- All real in camera imaging.
- Shoot Location: Central Studios (Shanghai)
- Music: James Mackay (jimmy) at loopholerecordings.com/ and soundcloud.com/jimmylemac
Time-lapse footage taken at the Very Large Array in Socorro, New Mexico; one of the largest Radio Astronomy Observatories in the world.
As a learning exercise, and something to challenge myself, I wanted to try to combine two of my favorite things: motion-graphics and time-lapse photography.
I also wanted to see if I could stretch my editing techniques a little further.
The VLA really is a legitimately amazing thing to see in person. If you've ever considered making a visit, you should.
It's an awe-inspiring feat of human engineering, and the surroundings are gorgeous. Unbelievable skies in New Mexico. I caught some nasty weather, but it was still a great experience. I'm definitely going back!