1. Let’s start by talking about the various offers you have at your disposal.
2. A sign up offer enables you to thank your customers for signing up to receive your marketing promotions.
3. A Birthday offer allows you to invite customers to your business on their special day
4. A promotional offer is designed to drive customers into your store on calendar holidays
5. A custom offer is sent on any day you decide for any event you’d like to celebrate like game days or just to invite more customers in on your lean days
6. Setting up an offer is simple: decide on the title, description and images you’d like to embed in each offer and save each offer for automatic delivery to your customers.
Custom Offers and promotional offers can automatically publish to your social media pages. Just connect your social accounts in the offer and it will be automatically published to your social media pages. Your social media followers can then enroll with an email address to receive all your promotions.
Let us look at one offer template.
• Name your offer in the Title
• Description is where you enter more specifics
• Set the number of days a customer has to redeem the offer in the Expires field
• The Claim limit allows you to cap the number you are willing to giveaway.
• You can inactivate the offer at anytime on this toggle
• Your offer can only be redeemed on a mobile device if you disallow print here. Each Customer will then receive a unique single use code.
• Modify the default Terms @ Conditions to suit your business here
14. How do I edit my offer?
Once an offer has been sent to customers, certain terms such as expiry date cannot be changed. You can however edit the title, terms and claim limits at any time.
You can also create a new offer that supersedes the current offer and will become the default for all future emails. The old offer will still be valid for redemption by customers who have received it. While your dashboard shows you active offers, you can view your inactive offers by selecting from the dropdown box.