#1 Best Music Video of 2011, Top 10 video for 2011 - Huffington Post & Fasterlouder. Official Selection- Annecy, Music Video. "The Most Amazing Light Graffiti Video Ever" - Gizmodo.com. "Stunning" - cnet.com.au. "So. Dang. Rad" - Perez Hilton
Over 6 months in the making and almost 3 years on from 'Lucky' their first light painting collaboration Darcy Prendergast and the creative team at OH YEAH WOW have again paired with the beautiful music of ALL INDIA RADIO to bring you their latest music video, 'Rippled'. Painstakingly animated frame by frame, the piece is all shot in camera, by real people, in the real world, using long exposure techniques... We hope you enjoy.
'Secret Garden - Versailles'
A film by Inez and Vinoodh
Starring Daria Strokus, Melissa Stasiuk and Xiao Wen Ju in La Galeries Des Glaces - Château de Versailles.
Music by Depeche Mode: 'Enjoy the Silence'
Marie Schuller captures Frederick Lee's ACW collection in an exclusive fashion film.
Keen to explore new couture grounds, SHOWstudio headed to the inaugural Asian Couture Week in Bangkok, Thailand. Seven top Asian designers revealed their latest collections, alongside special capsule ranges crafted from royal Thai silk. The offerings are unpicked here in fashion films by SHOWstudio's Marie Schuller and articles by Sue-Wen Quek and Chomwan Weeraworawit.
***HD fullscreen, earphones and a few minutes of silence recommended***
Film by Patrick Mccue & Tobias Wiesner
The movie is based on the short story “GOLEM XIV” of “Imaginary Magnitude” by Stanislaw Lem from 1973.
The book is written from the perspective of a military A.I. computer who obtains consciousness, moving towards personal technological singularity with growing intelligence.
It starts to refuse military support because it detects a basic lacking of internal logical consistency of war.
GOLEM gives several lectures with focus on mankind's position in the process of evolution and the possible biological and intellectual future of humanity before it ceases communication.
The movie tells about the first point of its "about man threefold" lecture as a reduced and simplified version while visually weaving this with GOLEM simulating human culture processes based on ideas and dynamics of freedom and curiosity, fear and security, abstraction and fiction, the lack of accessibility in face of unknowing and the need for generating meaning.
The whole creative intention about this project is to face your own process in this world with reflection and self responsibility, to stay curious and create, look for new ideas and stay keen.
Voice - Cyrena Dunbar
Music - Cliff Martinez (original composition for GOLEM)
Sound Design - Gavin Little/ echolab.tv
Title Design - Melanie Lukhaup/ luftmasche
Content Support - Dr. Michael Cursio
basic production information:
- started as a thesis in Film& Animation of the Design course at the GSO Academy Nuremberg, Germany in 2009, degree 2010
- more than 1 year of research and concept development (quite fulltime)
- producing pictures and sound over about 2.5 years (spare time only)
- used Software: Lightwave (FPrime, Kray), Nuke, Aftereffects, Trapcode Particular2 (excessively)
- privately funded
- mostly rendered at http://garagefarm.net/
Selection of Awards, Screenings, Publications:
- Rising Star Award 2013, Cananda International Film festival
- Audience Award, Creative Arts Film Festival
- Bronze Award, Bassawards, International Awards of Broadcast Design
- 3 Nominees for Van d’Or Independent Film Awards 2012, London
- Official Selection, Phoenix Film Festival 2013
- Official Selection, Pausefest 2012
- Publication on Stash 98
- Publication on IdN motion Channel v20n3