Sorry, this English version of the video is not available now. I appliciate you guys comments and critiques.
I created this information graphic motion piece as my final thesis project. my objective is to make Japanese people think about what is happening in their own country, and that some aspects of Japanese culture are not that normal. The deliberate English narrationoffers a point of view on Japan that isn't usually considered by Japanese people, and therefore conveys a 'foreign' perspective.
director: Grzegorz Jonkajtys
producers: Grzegorz Jonkajtys, Marcin Kobylecki
Co- producers: Piotr Sikora, Jaroslaw Sawko (Platige Image)
An unknown virus has destroyed almost the entire human population. Oblivious to the true nature of the disease, the only remaining survivors escape to the sea. In great ships, they set off in search of uninhabited land. So begins the exodus, led by one man ...
- Cannes Film Festival - Official Selection (2007)
- SIGGRAPH 2007 - Best of Show
- Prix Ars Electronica - Award of Distinction (2007, Austria)
- Cracow Film Festival - The Silver Hobby-Horse, Best Animated Film
- Australian Effects and Animation Festival (2007, Australia): Winner - Short Film
- Animanima International Film Festival (2007, Serbia): Award for the Best Directing
- Budapest Short Film Festival (2007, Hungary): Best Animation
- Tokyo International Anime Fair (2008, Japan): Notable Entry Prize
- View Conference (2007, Italy): Best 3D Short
- Tehran International Shortfilm Festival (2007, Iran): Best Experimental Award
- Kyiv International Film Festival Molodist (2007, Ukraine): Best Short Film