On the 40th anniversary of the famous ‘Blue Marble’ photograph taken of Earth from space, Planetary Collective presents a short film documenting astronauts’ life-changing stories of seeing the Earth from the outside – a perspective-altering experience often described as the Overview Effect.
The Overview Effect, first described by author Frank White in 1987, is an experience that transforms astronauts’ perspective of the planet and mankind’s place upon it. Common features of the experience are a feeling of awe for the planet, a profound understanding of the interconnection of all life, and a renewed sense of responsibility for taking care of the environment.
‘Overview’ is a short film that explores this phenomenon through interviews with five astronauts who have experienced the Overview Effect. The film also features insights from commentators and thinkers on the wider implications and importance of this understanding for society, and our relationship to the environment.
• EDGAR MITCHELL – Apollo 14 astronaut and founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences
• RON GARAN – ISS astronaut and founder of humanitarian organization Fragile Oasis
• NICOLE STOTT – Shuttle and ISS astronaut and member of Fragile Oasis
• JEFF HOFFMAN – Shuttle astronaut and senior lecturer at MIT
• SHANE KIMBROUGH – Shuttle/ISS astronaut and Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army
• FRANK WHITE – space theorist and author of the book ‘The Overview Effect’
• DAVID LOY- philosopher and author
• DAVID BEAVER – philosopher and co-founder of The Overview Institute
Producer: STEVE KENNEDY
Director: GUY REID
Editor: STEVE KENNEDY
Director of Photography: CHRISTOPHER FERSTAD
Original Score: HUMAN SUITS
Dubbing Mixer: PATCH MORRISON
Filmed with Canon 5D Mk ii.
Additional footage from NASA / ESA archives
Duration: 19 minutes
Os presentamos nuestra nueva creación: un video de muestra sobre Madrid usando sólo planos aéreos de distintos puntos de la ciudad. Al usar nuestro equipo Phantom hemos podido acceder a lugares donde drone mayores habrían tenido más problemas.
Las posibilidades del vídeo aéreo son ilimitadas, y con el tiempo hemos sido capaces de realizar planos más complejos.
Si necesitas más información contacta con nosotros en email@example.com
We introduce to you our new creation: a show reel of the Madrid City with only aerial footage from different places of the city. By using our DJI Phantom equipment we were able to flight in places were other bigger drones would have more problems.
The possibilities of aerial videography are endless, and gradualy we've learn to do more complex movements with our copter to create better recordings.
If you need more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org