A ‘Road Film’ in the documentary format, attempts to explore and understand the life & identity of a small village in Rajasthan, India called 'New America'. The film also looks at various notions of 'Americaness' from a developing nation’s viewpoint. Trying to examine why America has become a symbol for growth & aspiration.
Constantly drawing parallels between the micro- village environment and a larger global village, the film questions power politics at all levels & the larger thematic concern of power especially concerning the global politics and foreign policies of the USA.
• “New Horizon Film Category: Al Jazeera Golden Award” at Aljazeera Film Festival 2007-Doha, Qatar.
• ”Best Documentary” and “Best Script” at Twilight festival of short films 2007- Delhi.
• Screened at the Youth Parliament, IHC Delhi Film Series 2007
• Short-list at the Kara Film Festival-Karachi 2007
• Screened at “Stop Hate Campaign” ANHAD at Baroda, 2007
• Screened in the non competition Category at “Festival of First Films” Singapore 2006