“I was walking along a path with two friends – the sun was setting – suddenly the sky turned blood red – I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence – there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city – my friends walked on, and I stood there trembling with anxiety – and I sensed an infinite scream passing through nature.”
Edvard Munch, 1893
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Sapporo Short Fest - Filmmakers Section, SAPPORO 2013
- SPECIAL SCREENINGS @ Festival international du film d'animation d'Annecy - ANNECY, France 2013
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ NewYork International Children's Film Festival, NEW YORK 2013
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Video Art & Experimental Film Festival, NEW YORK 2013
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Anim'est – International Animation Film Festival - Bucharest, Romania 2012
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Animanima – International Animation Film - Cacak, Serbia 2012
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Ottawa International Animation Festival - Ottawa, Canada 2012
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ Festival international du film d'animation d'Annecy - ANNECY, France 2012
- WINNER ESMI Award Best Videoclip @ FIC - Buenos Aires, Argentina 2011
- OFFICIAL SELECTION @ BIG SCREEN PLAZA Manhattan, NEW YORK 2011
A video comprised entirely of an animated sequence of 300 of morphing photographs and completely surreal and oniric created content.
Nestled in the elegant setting, cuckoo clocks, wolfs and deer heads, the ratio of love/hate relationship between two beautiful sister lifeless is told through both soft and mechanical loop movement between kisses, hair pulling, whispers and sticking in a memory suspended in time.
director: RINO STEFANO TAGLIAFIERRO
director of photography operator: MILO TERENZIANI
assistant director: CARLOTTA BALESTRIERI
art_direction: RINO STEFANO TAGLIAFIERRO
editing&postproduction: RINO STEFANO TAGLIAFIERRO
stylist&makeup: CARLOTTA BALESTRIERI
actresses: MARIA GIULIA ROSSI - MARIA VITTORIA ROSSI
music: M+A "MY SUPER8"
"Balance" is a short film by photographer/director Tobias Hutzler, inspired by Rigolo Swiss Nouveau Cirque artist Maedir Eugster. Produced by James Jolly of Prime Pictures. Executive producer: Brent Langton of B2Pro. Editor: Sam Maliszewski of Bunker Media. 1st assistant camera: Corey Jenkins. 2nd assistant camera: Patrick Racheff. Gaffer: Jared Roessler. DIT: Chris Davis. Shot at Parlay Studios. Special thanks to Cameron Zonfrilli, John Welsh III, Adam Himber, Brian Patierno, Lisa Yang, and Spiegelworld.