Based on the popularity of AEV's inaugural Oregon Dune Tour in 2012, AEV decided to bring the event back for a second year at the spectacular Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area in Florence, Oregon. This was a great opportunity for a handful of AEV customers to experience the beauty of Oregon's coastal sand dunes while also receiving some instruction on off-road driving and recovery techniques from AEV Director of Sales and I4WDTA Certified Trainer, Chris Wood.
Music by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Let the Day Begin" from the album Specter At The Feast
Recap of our trip to Iceland in 2012. We took two of our Jeep Wrangler JK vehicles, both AEV built JK350's - one with a 3.5" lift and one with a 4.5" lift. Driving across glaciers required us to air-down our tires to a few PSI... we forged rivers and climbed mountains. Check out beautiful Iceland for yourself.
In September, Team Lerner Reina and their AEV-built JK Wrangler took on one of the toughest endurance motorsport races in the Asia Pacific region, the Australasian Safari. Here is a summary of their outstanding performance:
• 100% Safari Finisher - Their AEV Wrangler was the ONLY production vehicle to finish 100% of the Safari
• Fastest Safari Female - Amy Lerner
• Winner Production Class A1.2
• Winner Overall Safari Production - Their AEV Wrangler had the best performance of ANY production vehicle entered in the Safari
• Winner of the Dakar Challenge - This earned Team Lerner Reina an entry spot in the 2014 Dakar Rally
Tricia and Amy are both awesome competitors and fantastic role models. We look forward to supporting them as they continue to take on the world's toughest races in their AEV Wrangler. Check out the video below for footage from the Australasian Safari.