City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
August 19, 2014 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Miller.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to receive an introduction to Knox Middle School Principals Dr. Latoya Dixon and Dr. Michael Waiksnis.
6. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
SENIOR CITIZENS DAY
August 21, 2014
7. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of August 5, 2014.
(b) Adopt February 12-13, 2015 as the dates for the 30th Annual Future Directions and Goal Setting Retreat.
(c) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE amendment to the FY2014-2015 budget in the amount of $8,740 to appropriate Police Department Asset Forfeiture funds.
8. Council to consider Land Development district map amendment CD-03-2014, Holiday Inn Express, Unnumbered Marriott Circle, to rezone one parcel, approximately two acres by
establishing a Conditional District Overlay to allow for the development of a 90-room hotel:
(a) Receive a presentation from staff
(b) Hold a public hearing
(c) Issue a Statement of Consistency and Statement of Reasonableness, and consider adopting an ORDINANCE to establish a Conditional District Overlay.
9. Council to receive a presentation regarding a proposed partnership with the University of North Carolina at Charlotte College of Computing and Informatics.
10. Council to receive an update regarding the Dixonville-Lincoln Memorial Project.
11. Council to receive a presentation from the Rowan County Convention and Visitors Bureau regarding proposed Wayfinding Signage.
12. Council to consider a request for a sidewalk encroachment in the 200 block of West Innes Street in accordance with Section 22-19 of the City Code.
13. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding the 40th anniversary of Housing and Urban Development CDBG and HOME grants.
14. Council to consider authorizing the City Manager and City Clerk to execute an agreement with North Carolina Department of Transportation regarding the reimbursement by
Salisbury-Rowan Utilities for the estimated cost of $13,730 to adjust and/or relocate public water utilities in conjunction with NCDOT Project W-5316.
15. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
16. Council to receive public comments.
17. Interim City Manager’s Comments.
18. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The Dixonville-Lincoln Memorial Task Force will host a Fish Fry Fundraiser Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at the Civic Center located at 316 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue. Eat-in or
take out will be available from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $10.00 each and may be purchased at the Visitor’s Center, the City of
Salisbury One-Stop-Shop, the Civic Center, and other park centers or by calling 704 638-5242.
(b) Other Announcements.