City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
June 4, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Miller.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of May 21, 2013.
6. Council to hold a public hearing to receive comments regarding the proposed FY2013-
2014 City Budget.
7. Council to consider Land Development Text Amendment LDOTA-02 and 03-2013 to
amend Chapter 2 (Districts), Chapter 5 (Building Types and Standards), and Chapter
14 (Agencies, Boards and Commissions), and Chapter 15 (Development Process) of
the Land Development Ordinance of the City of Salisbury, North Carolina related to
the formation of an Alternate Methods of Design Commission and provisions related
to building design and materials:
(a) Receive a presentation from staff
(b) Hold a public hearing
(c) Issue a Statement of Consistency and Statement of Reasonableness and
consider adopting an ORDINANCE to amend the Land Development
8. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE amending Appendix D (Boards,
Committees, Commissions, etc.) of the City Code of the City of Salisbury, North
Carolina related to establishing an Alternate Methods of Design Commission.
9. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE amending Article VI (Backflow
Prevention and Cross-connection Control) of Chapter 25 (Utilities) of the City Code of
the City of Salisbury, North Carolina related to determining the degree of hazard of
10. Council to consider the following items related to lease purchase financing:
(a) Adopt a RESOLUTION of Findings of Fact for the $3,710,000 lease purchase
financing of acquisition, construction, and equipping of certain
telecommunications capital improvements.
(b) Award a contract for the lease purchase financing of acquisition, construction,
and equipping of certain telecommunications capital improvements, subject to
approval by the Local Government Commission.
11. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
12. City Manager's Comments.
13. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) Councilmember Alexander to give an update regarding her visit to Salisbury,
England, the official Sister City of the City of Salisbury.
(b) Other announcements.