City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
August 20, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Kennedy.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to recognize Street Division Manager Craig Powers for receiving the Robert S.
Hopson Leadership Award from the North Carolina Chapter of the American Public
6. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Special Meetings of July 18, 2013 and August 12, 2013,
and the Regular Meeting of August 6, 2013.
7. Council to consider adopting an ORDINANCE amending Chapter 25, Articles I and
VIII, and Sections 25-38 of the Code of the City of Salisbury, related to updates to the
Sewer Use Ordinance:
(a) Receive a presentation from staff
(b) Hold a public hearing
(c) Consider adopting an ORDINANCE amending Chapter 25, Articles I and VIII,
and Sections 25-38 of the Code of the City of Salisbury, related to updates to the
Sewer Use Ordinance.
8. Council to receive a Council Committee report regarding TA-04-2013 (Tree Canopy
Preservation and Enhancement Ordinance) and consider setting a public hearing for
September 17, 2013.
9. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions
10. Council to receive public comment.
11. City Managers Comments.
12. Mayor’s Announcements.
13. Council to go into closed session to consult with an attorney as allowed by NCGS 143-