Tim Ferriss, New York Times best-selling author, and Jesse Jacobs, founder of Samovar Tea Lounge, talk about Tim's new book The 4-Hour Chef. Pick up your autographed copy of The 4-Hour Chef at Samovar Tea Lounge while supplies last: samovarlife.com/the-4-hour-chef-by-tim-ferriss-available-at-samova.... And check out the Limited Edition Tea Starter Set at 50% off, featuring teas in The 4-Hour Chef at http://www.teastarterkit.com.
- Learn how to "rapid learn"; in two months you can learn the equivalent of culinary school
- How to become a self reliant, world class learner
- The principles of learning (tea or anything for that matter)
- Create a recipe for learning, series of steps: deconstruction, breaking down something big into its smaller parts
- Selection: 80/20 analysis, pick the 80% of the focus
- Sequencing: putting things into the right order
- Stakes: creating carrots or stakes as a payoff to getting "there"
- How to compress learning, such as putting 6 months of cooking into 4 hours
- It's possible to become world class in anything
- How to learn to focus? That's the challenge
- Ritual is a great way to focus
- Tea pairings matched with food in the book
- Tea is a ritual that calms you down and uplifts and energizes too
- The ritual of tea slows you down - and this ritual lags in the US
- To write The 4-Hour Chef, the secret was to slow down in order to speed up
- What is tea? And what is good tea?
- How to learn to taste and discern flavors, in tea and food
- Training the mind in the dojo of the kitchen
- How to pair tea with your meal: core principles
- How to brew the perfect cup of tea
- What makes for the perfect teapot?
- The value of slowing down: it makes life better!
Writer and psychologist Scott Haas is on a quest to get inside the minds of chefs for his upcoming book. In this video he explains why is focusing on Chef Tony Maws and his restaurant, Craigie on Main.
Pre-order the book on Amazon here: amazon.com/Back-House-Secret-Life-Restaurant/dp/0425256103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358198436&sr=8-1&keywords=back+of+house+scott+haas.
Learn more about Breville at brevilleusa.com/.
Watch the rest of the story here at thoughtforfood.foodthinkers.com/getting-cerebral/
Jamie Oliver's most candid interview in years.
In a Men's Hour special for BBC 5 Live, Jamie gives an honest, funny and in-depth interview to Tim Samuels - about marriage, fatherhood and fame.
A rare insight into the life and mind of this iconic chef and global social campaigner.
More stuff from “foodie stuff”
Heads up: the shoutbox will be retiring soon. It’s tired of working, and can’t wait to relax. You can still send a message to the channel owner, though!
Channels are a simple, beautiful way to showcase and watch videos. Browse more Channels.