Film teaser for our upcoming feature-length documentary about Matthew Shepard, the University of Wyoming student who was murdered in an anti-gay crime in Laramie, Wyoming.
Through the honest and intimate recollections of Matthew's family, close friends, and those who were personally affected by his tragic murder, this film tells the story of the Matthew Shepard behind the headlines.
Producers: Liam McNiff, Michele Josue, Chad Mann
Director: Michele Josue
Cinematographer: Craig Trudeau
Editor: Michele Josue, Liam McNiff
Depressed and frustrated with his life, Dr. John Kitchin abandons his career as a neurologist and moves to Pacific Beach. There, he undergoes a radical transformation into SLOMO, trading his lab coat for a pair of rollerblades and his IRA for a taste of divinity. slomothemovie.com/
- Winner of PBS People's Choice Award for 2014!
- Awarded Honorable Mention by the Jury at the Oscar Qualifying Cleveland International Film Festival 2014 for best women's short award.
- Director, Arpita Kumar, honored for her contribution to film at the San Francisco Women's International Film Festival 2014
- Nominated for the Golden Egg Award at the Reykjavik International Film Festival 2014
Official Selections and Screenings:
- Official selection at the Mill Valley Film Festival 2013
- Official Selection at the Sarasota International Film Festival 2014.
- Official selection at Cleveland International Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for PBS' Online Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection at the New York Indian Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection at 3rdI South Asian Film Festival 2013
- Official Selection at San Francisco Women's International Film Festival.
- Screened at the Project Involve screenings at Los Angeles Film Festival 2013.
- Official Selection at the Los Angeles Asia Pacific Film Festival 2014.
- Official Selection at the Punjabi International Film Festival/International Film Festival of South Asia 2014.
- Official Selection at the Slate 1.0 of the Sacramento Asian Pacific Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for Film Independent's Project Involve Showcase at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Official Selection for DC Shorts Film Festival 2014.
- Official Selection for HollyShorts Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for Bend International Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for the Bangalore International Short Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for Tasveer Seattle South Asian Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection for the The Underexposed Film Festival yc 2014
- Official Selection at the Festival of India in Charlotte NC 2014
- Official Selection by the Associació Crear per la Identitat i la Memòria (ACIM) for la Muestra de Cortometrajes por la Identidad 2014
- Official Selection at the River to River Florence Indian Film Festival 2014
- Official Selection at the Atlanta International Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection at the Athens Film + Video Festival 2015
- Official Selection at the Rochester International Film Festival 2015
Writer/Director: Arpita Kumar
Executive Producer: Film Independent’s Project:Involve
Producer: Minnie Chen
D.O.P: Meena Singh
Editor: Susumu Kimura
Composer: Grant Fonda
Sound Designer/ Sound Supervisor : Nathan Ruyle
Sound Mixer: Leslie Shatz
Assistant Director: Kelly McCrossan
Production Designer: Cody Smart
A recent immigrant to U.S.A, Tejpreet Kaur Singh, is reluctant to embrace her new American identity. Her husband, on the other hand, loudly and annoyingly celebrates everything that mildly reeks of America. But when Tejpreet witnesses her husband deflate because of a racist encounter during the Fourth of July celebrations, she takes action that turns the situation around, if only momentarily.