A "HEART FELT" GOOD-BYE:
To my 4 legged best friend, Dude…
* I sit and try to write the words, I want your heart to hear,
hoping to find some comfort, in the fact that your not here.
* look out into the open yard, that you once occupied,
knowing the yard is empty, cause my friend, you've died.
* I believe with my heart, that your soul is gone to be,
with all the angel dogs, that you were meant to see.
* I will have to stay behind, until God calls me too,
so don't be afraid, that he's only called for you.
* The water is still, in the bowl you drank and played,
and your bed is empty, where your pretty head laid.
* The porch is so empty, where you always laid between,
my two feet that you LOVED to nap and only dream.
* One day our eyes will shut one last time,
and you will come greet me, angel of mine.
* Until then, I'll keep trying to see through my tears,
the memories you left me, to reflect through the years.
* I'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing, of times for us that were meant.
* And I dread the day that your scent disappears,
for it's "proof" to me, Dude, that you were just here!
* But one day will come, when I'll start to see through,
the pain of the moment, and remember just "you".
* Now you go and play, and look down when you can,
remembering I love you, and this isn't the end.
* In loving memory of "DUDE", who passed away 7/20/13